Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hire a MP to see if it suits us?

SatInAField

Hi all new member here.

We have driven a Viano for 17 yrs and love it. We've camped over this period, having small kids. Now the kids are self sufficient we are thinking about buying an MP. Does anywhere in the UK rent them so that we can see what we think to it before taking the plunge? Californias seem plentiful but MPs not so!

I guess renting a VW will help us see if we like the whole idea of the convenience of a camper after the space of a tent, but it seems a wasted opportunity to test an MP.

Thanks!
Chris

TheDon

Hi all new member here.

We have driven a Viano for 17 yrs and love it. We've camped over this period, having small kids. Now the kids are self sufficient we are thinking about buying an MP. Does anywhere in the UK rent them so that we can see what we think to it before taking the plunge? Californias seem plentiful but MPs not so!

I guess renting a VW will help us see if we like the whole idea of the convenience of a camper after the space of a tent, but it seems a wasted opportunity to test an MP.

Thanks!
Chris
Hi Chris
I don’t know where you are situated but if near London try Campervantastic I southLondon SE23
I don’t know if it’s still on YouTube but they did a short video on Vw v MP

SatInAField

Thanks Don, I did speak to them today but they have stopped offering the Mp because they couldn't get MB interested in working with them. Shame.

Steve B

Hi and welcome, the experience in general will be the same which ever brand you have, there are differences between the VW & MP but they are not chalk & cheese. I camp regularly with friends with VW's and there isn't much difference, the main one is if you use it as a daily driver, the MP has the edge, but for pure camping the VW is probably a little better (Storage, blind fit). Try before you buy a camper is a good idea.