Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HELP SEAT STUCK FLAT

The fat controller

One of my seats refuses to raise after reclining in small bits last night. The other functions on the seat work and it is only affecting one.... I have tried the reset button but this only brings it to horizontal

The fat controller

An update on this situation in case anyone should be interested/able to shed any light. I had to be brief earlier as inevitably was on a site with very little phone signal!

After reclining the seats into the bed position, the passenger side one refused to raise. The reset button worked fine on the drivers side seat, but served only to raise the passenger side by a few cms before stopping.

I did eventually manage to raise the seat again for travel.... The reset button seems to have a time out (or perhaps this is a fault, I don't know) by which you can only use it once every few minutes. Each time I pressed it though, it raised the seat a few more cms and so over the course of an hour or so I was able to fully raise the seat.

Clearly this is not a sustainable situation though. I had removed the curly cable recently to access the electrical area beneath the fridge, and after much playing with that I have achieved varying results, between total failure and being able to raise a few cms at a time by using the switch. Ultimately though I am back to the previous situation, whereby I need the reset button and a spare hour.

I am hopefully that this is a minor fault on the plug rather than anything in the seat motor, but with a big trip imminent I would really like to find a solution other than leaving it with the dealer for several weeks while they scratch their heads about what it could be.

As an aside, I was checking the RCD by the socket and it would seem that my test button does not trip the circuit. This seems to not be correct but if anyone (who has persevered to read this far!) could confirm that theirs does trip when pressing the button (despite not being hooked up) I would be most grateful.

Thanks for reading and any help much appreciated.