Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from me

Roy C

Done a lot of research and expect to be going for a 250d sport with auxiliary warm air heater, burmester surround sound, 360 camera and awning in October ready for delivery in spring 2018. I fancy a metallic blue with black leather (more practical?) but light floor to avoid being gloomy.

I assume the open road and blue skies come as standard

Wilnx005

Administrator
Staff member
That's a nice Combo there Roy I hate to think what living with the light leather interior would be like :rolleyes: - the aux heater is a must - I can't imagine why they don't spec them as standard.

Roy C

I've reached that conclusion on the auxiliary heater but did consider not going for it at £2.5k. Was thinking if hooked up to the grid I could use an electric heater but then thought there would be times when I would not have electic hookup or it took too much power if I did. With the California there is no option so it will be interesting to see how many go without it on the MP and also how it affects resale values. A lot of the ones on the Mercedes Used Car Locator seem to have omitted this option.

Wilnx005

Administrator
Staff member
I agree - £2.5k is ridiculous! - I'd have an eberspacher fitted aftermarket for circa £1000 - worth every penny.

BetsyLou

We have now been away three times in Dolly our dolomite brown MP. Couldn't face the thought of paying the extra for the heater as no plans to camp in the depths of winter. Just bought a low wattage electric heater from a local camping shop for £15. Takes the chill off the air nicely . Also purchased some 3cm memory foam toppers for the beds and they have made a massive difference.

BetsyLou

PS
we have the light leather interior and it's actually very practical. We have a large dog and it's not a problem. Very good quality too

simon_mp_amg

I have the light coloured leather interior and its great quality and wipes clean easy and i have the hot air and the hot water heaters plus the remote too as i got a great deal as i took the one of the showroom floor.

Graham

And so you should be. Very smart indeed, I opted for Indium Grey, but only after a long debate and Cavansite Blue was the other option for a long time. I think your choice of wheel colour will pay off too as they won't show the the brake dust as easily.

pumpsmynads

I just googled cavansite. It’s a real thing - I thought it was just a ‘lost in translation’ version of caravan site blue. :D

Roy C

And so you should be. Very smart indeed, I opted for Indium Grey, but only after a long debate and Cavansite Blue was the other option for a long time. I think your choice of wheel colour will pay off too as they won't show the the brake dust as easily.
Thanks. I thought it would be better going with darker wheels with the black awning housing.

pumpsmynads

Did you need to pay extra for the grey alloys?

The MP isn’t on the Mercedes Configurator :Headbang:

I think the blue is the colour I’d go for.

Roy C

Did you need to pay extra for the grey alloys?

The MP isn’t on the Mercedes Configurator :Headbang:

I think the blue is the colour I’d go for.
No, the grey wheels were a no cost-option. The MP wasn't on the configurator when I ordered mine so it was a question of working my way through the MP price list manually.

M

Monner

VIP Member
I agree - £2.5k is ridiculous! - I'd have an eberspacher fitted aftermarket for circa £1000 - worth every penny.
Hi, I know this thread was a long time ago but we're struggling to find someone to retrofit a night air heater (either Webasto or Eberspacher). Which company/person did you use? Thanks

Reactions: JPG

Ian

Give Dirty Weekenders in Worcester a call. Were excellent to deal with and have done at least one MP.

M

Monner

VIP Member
Give Dirty Weekenders in Worcester a call. Were excellent to deal with and have done at least one MP.
Thanks Ian, that's really helpful. We'll give them a call :)