Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from a newbie!

G_H

Hi all,

I've been watching the forum for ages, but now joined as a member as reality is fast approaching and we're going to make a decision soon. We live in Hampshire, so have been speaking with MB dealers locally.

I think we've settled on the following spec :

Marco Polo 250 AMG line
Brilliant Silver
Black Leather
Dark Flooring
Surround 360 camera
Command
Side Awning Silver
Individual 5th seat
Diesel aux night heater
Towing Pack

I've been trawling the site, but I'm still confused on a couple of things :

1. Aux heater vs Aux night heater. The night heater is twice the price, and lower powered. Looking at the online manual, the aux heater is operated by the main controls on the MP, whilst the night heater is operated by the camping LCD unit. There no longer seems to be an option on the price list for aux heaters with remote control. I do like the idea of setting a temperature, and if at any point it drops below the set temperature, the aux night heater will kick in automatically, much as it would with central heating at home.

I'll prob end up with the night aux heater, as we'll be hopefully using the MP all seasons.

2. We have two kids under 7, and the concern with the light floor is that it will show marks very quickly and be a nightmare to keep looking clean. On the flip side, the dark floor with black leather may be a tad gloomy. Leaning at this point towards the dark for practicality reasons. Would be great to get feedback on other experience.

3. I'm likely to keep the MP for a fair few years, so was considering Distronic as a final option. Not convinced, at the moment, but guess you have to experience it to appreciate it. Anyone have this as an option?

4. Finally, the current brochure says that with black seats, the dash is black (both upper and lower). Looking on line though, all the silver MP's that I've seen have black upper dash, silk beige on the lower. Has anyone taken delivery recently with a MP with black seats? Would be interesting to see what lower dash colour yours has.

Many thanks,
Graham

Roy C

I took delivery of a Cavansite Blue with black seats in March and the lower dash is beige not black. I went with the light floor because I was concerned about it being gloomy and with one child aged 14 and a small dog the floor is mark free. I just keep a cloth handy to wipe it.

The aux warm air heater comes with a remote, handy for turning on just before you get out of your sleeping bag. I don’t have the aux water heater but I understand that can be controlled via an app.

Katie

I have the black seats too with beige lower dash. I also chose the lighter coloured floor, which I agree is really easy to keep clean with a quick wipe over. I don't want mats to cover it myself but if you wanted you could go down this route and use when its rainy and muddy outside.

Reactions: G_H

G_H

I took delivery of a Cavansite Blue with black seats in March and the lower dash is beige not black. I went with the light floor because I was concerned about it being gloomy and with one child aged 14 and a small dog the floor is mark free. I just keep a cloth handy to wipe it.

The aux warm air heater comes with a remote, handy for turning on just before you get out of your sleeping bag. I don’t have the aux water heater but I understand that can be controlled via an app.
Many thanks!

G_H

I have the black seats too with beige lower dash. I also chose the lighter coloured floor, which I agree is really easy to keep clean with a quick wipe over. I don't want mats to cover it myself but if you wanted you could go down this route and use when its rainy and muddy outside.
Many thanks!

Silver amg 220 here with towing pack 360 camera black seats, light floor and light lower half of dash. Plus 3 year old and 7 years old boys.

No probs whatsoever with keeping the floor clean - comes up clean really easy every time. Hasn’t marked at all and my lads love colouring, walking in with mud not their feet, bringing in sticks and god only knows what else. Nice and bright too.

360 camera is so worth it - these vans are loooong

Can’t remember what command comes with on the van but think I have it on my c class and the sat nav is so much faster on the car than the van. On the van we took a wrong turn going round Paris and it took 5 mins to update. The car is instant and switches between phone and Mac etc really quick. Definite lag on the van. So if command gets you the better satnav on the van then I’d say It’s worth the money if you can afford it.

My side awning is silver so it blends in nicely with the van.

Hope you enjoy the van - we love ours....

MacCedes

We have the Distronic on our C43. I love it.
It took a little while to trust it but now I use it all the time on those M-way trips where the traffic is constantly slowing and speeding up again.
It's also useful where you go into average speed cameras that change from 40-50 for instance. Just a quick flick up and down on the lever and you manage to stay completely legal :)

Reactions: G_H

MacCedes

Silver amg 220 here with towing pack 360 camera black seats, light floor and light lower half of dash. Plus 3 year old and 7 years old boys.

No probs whatsoever with keeping the floor clean - comes up clean really easy every time. Hasn’t marked at all and my lads love colouring, walking in with mud not their feet, bringing in sticks and god only knows what else. Nice and bright too.

360 camera is so worth it - these vans are loooong

Can’t remember what command comes with on the van but think I have it on my c class and the sat nav is so much faster on the car than the van. On the van we took a wrong turn going round Paris and it took 5 mins to update. The car is instant and switches between phone and Mac etc really quick. Definite lag on the van. So if command gets you the better satnav on the van then I’d say It’s worth the money if you can afford it.

My side awning is silver so it blends in nicely with the van.

Hope you enjoy the van - we love ours....
What do you tow with your van weight wise and how does it cope?

Hi, we bought our mp from stock and it had the tow bar already fitted so not spec’d up by us but has come in useful For our tow bar mounted bike rack for taking the family bikes on trips - allows the window to still open with the bikes on the back. Also exploring the tow bar mounted storage boxes for extra capacity on longer trips.

Heaviest thing I tow is a dirt bike on a single bike trailer so I’m prob not much help to you on that front I’m afraid.