Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fridge advice

Pip J

Hi. Apologies if this has been covered before. We are having trouble with our cool box- it can only be off or on max. The van went into MB today for an mot & we asked them to look at it. They said without taking it all apart they felt it was either the temperature control (I assume they mean sensor?) which would cost £46 for the part & £254 in labour to fix or it would need a new cool box at £2000!! Does anyone have any experience of this? Does this sound excessive? The van is 4 years old & the cool box is not used a huge amount. Is this a common issue? Is it something that could be replaced by someone more reasonably ? Many thanks for advice in advance!

Roy C

Hi. Apologies if this has been covered before. We are having trouble with our cool box- it can only be off or on max. The van went into MB today for an mot & we asked them to look at it. They said without taking it all apart they felt it was either the temperature control (I assume they mean sensor?) which would cost £46 for the part & £254 in labour to fix or it would need a new cool box at £2000!! Does anyone have any experience of this? Does this sound excessive? The van is 4 years old & the cool box is not used a huge amount. Is this a common issue? Is it something that could be replaced by someone more reasonably ? Many thanks for advice in advance!
This seems to be a common problem. Put “fridge“ in the search box and you’ll find some threads covering experiences with dealer repairs and one person who replaced the sensor himself with a new one.

Pip J

This seems to be a common problem. Put “fridge“ in the search box and you’ll find some threads covering experiences with dealer repairs and one person who replaced the sensor himself with a new one.
Hi thanks for that I'll have a look.