Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fresh water tank

Colman

Are you suppose to keep some water in the fresh water tank, thinking of draining it down but manual says it must not run dry, bit concerned about it freezing.

askho

Are you suppose to keep some water in the fresh water tank, thinking of draining it down but manual says it must not run dry, bit concerned about it freezing.
Really, does manual really say it must not run dry? I thought it meant must not run dry when using the tap or shower. I drain the tank for winter, as you said, worried about freezing.

Reactions: Ian

Colman

Really, does manual really say it must not run dry? I thought it meant must not run dry when using the tap or shower. I drain the tank for winter, as you said, worried about freezing.
HI, thanks for that, thought as much but just wanted some back up, think the warning signal is there as you say do not use tap/shower if there is no water.

Epigram

Just put my MP away for the winter.

It’s better to clean and drain the water tank if its not being used for a long time or over winter.
Operating the sink or shower taps without water in the tank can damage the pump.
The fuse can be removed to prevent the pump operating without water in the system but its a bit of a faff and I think what the manual recommends.
There is a mod on this forum to install an on line switch in the pump circuit. You can find it if you search “Water Pump Isolator”
Alternatively, a stout rubber (wrist) band around the tap to keep it closed prevents accidental operation will also serve as a reminder that there is no water in the tank. The switch for the shower can still be knocked on and operate the pump so depending on how vulnerable you think it is you might want to tape it in position.

Paul Mc

I’ve just emptied my water tanks and removed the 10amp fuse to protect the water pump.
I will just carry a couple of 5 litre bottles of water in the fridge for any short winter trips.

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
is the fuse for the water pump on the kitchen unit ? im assuming it would be there?