Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

French Horizon

tomasi

Hi all

I am a french MP owner living in Grenoble.
I have been the owner of a 2019 250 4 Matic 7 seater Black MP Horizon for a year now and wanted to introduce my self in order to thank the members of this forum who undoubtedly have helped with my roof blister problem.

First, a couple of facts on my MPH
I bought it a year ago in Stuttgart Germany, it had 15000km, and it is pretty well equipped, bilateral electric doors and tailgate, sun roof, AMG pack and side awning.
We covered 20000 km with it the past year and slept 25 nights on board. It has entirely satisfied our needs, as we were looking for a Daily Van with the possibility of sleeping a family of 5, with an 8, 4 and 2 y.o. daughters. It also has helped quite a few times for moving large stuff, such as a huge desk or sofa and allows us carry the grandparents around comfortably as it a 7 seater. So the choice of a MPH was, for our needs, a perfect fit.

I have invested in a couple of accessories to make the MPH easier to travel and sleep in, such as Vanessa window bags, a great mattress (Marcododo, a great French guy who owns a MP and decided to make his own mattresses, then sell them, which are great and tailored to fit your model) , a home made trunk camper box for the kitchen, and a couple of other stuff, such as a roof cover , a stand alone tent and a cooler (I bought the same model as Otto the Marco polo on youtube which is also a member here !! So thanks for the great tip)
We have had great moments on board this incredible machine, and are thrilled with our choice of model and can not imagine a very recent time without a CamperVan

However, I have unfortunately had a couple of unpleasant surprises since we've bought it : a broken slat on the roof bedspring (under warranty) a default on the electric panel controlling the interior lighting (under warranty), a problem with the electric tailgate opening (change of the hydraulic tail system under warranty) .With all of this and with the fear of having to deal with the roof crack, I bought a warranty extension in Germany directly from MB. A couple of weeks after the factory warranty ended (so two 2 years and 2 months after the first registration) the famous blisters occurred... I had noticed a couple of them in the following weeks after getting the Van but hadn't considered them...until much later when more came out and I ended up on this forum, two months after factory warranty had ended...
I posted more details on the devoted thread of this forum, but in short :
I went to my dealer, he took photos, measured the thickness of the paint, sent a request to MB France. Response, 2 months later : not covered by MB, explanation ; outdated factory warranty. I was very upset, and decided to build a full case with a lawyer . A simple complaint letter, with photos of the car, mileage, proof of MB maintenance, extended warranty proof, photos of the MB prior to the end of the warranty proving the existing of the blisters, and...the document found on this forum showing how many owners have had the same problem. My lawyer sent the request directly to both MB France and Maastricht Customer Center. A month later, my dealer called me up to let me know that my roof was ordered and that MB would cover a total roof replacement.

This is why I am here, in order thank the members of this forum because I am sure that the 'pop up Roof Failure Record Survey' immensely helped my case.

So again ,thank you guys so much.

Here are a couple of pics :

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.16.41.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.16.41.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 38
  • Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.16.55.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.16.55.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.17.30.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.17.30.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.17.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.17.42.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 36
  • Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.17.54.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.17.54.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 39
  • Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.24.00.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.24.00.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.24.21.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-09-13 à 21.24.21.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Steve B

Hi and welcome, we have also used ours as a van many times. Its great to hear the forum was useful and it was GT who got the roof blister survey going that has helped so many people, credit to him.

Grand Tourismo

Welcome along @tomasi :Welcome:
Thank you for your post and in depth insight. Really pleased to hear that you got your roof sorted out, great work!
Wishing you many happy miles :Thumbs up: (ok Kim’s as well)

Grand Tourismo

Many thanks Steve but my British reserve dictates that I point any credit or kudos to the data supplied by you guys...by us all in fact!

Hi and welcome, we have also used ours as a van many times. Its great to hear the forum was useful and it was GT who got the roof blister survey going that has helped so many people, credit to him.