Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Foreseeing issues.....

Brucyboy2

Hello all. My reasons for buying a new MP were based on having 3 years of trouble free motoring. Having had an A class for 3 years (no issues) I really do not wnt something that is going to cause me grief travelling on my own. I am really worried that I am buying into something with major problems, or am I just being over-cautious?

Steve B

I think its all relative; a friend who has an expensive T6 conversion has just has two major issues with the diesel heater and the microwave that was brand new. We all tend to focus on the issues, most threads are about watch outs, fixes or moans about dealers knowledge, ours has been fine in the main. The blistering roof was a nuisance and a warranty claim, but it hasn't stopped us enjoying using the MP. I think (hope) the roof issues are fixed, that said there seems to be two MP's with splits!

Blackrat

I agree with Steve B.
Whilst we have had a few niggles there’s nothing that has stopped us from using it and we are delighted with it.
It just had it’s first service and we listed the faults which are roof blisters, tailgate reluctant to lift and a defect with the sink cover.
Its booked in for all to be sorted under warranty.

Roy C

I’ve had my MP for just over three years from new and I’ve only had one issue very recently. The aircon stopped working but I think that is because I wasn’t driving it regularly over the past year and I suspect a seal dried out and the coolant has leaked out. I’m not counting the replacement fresh water pump immediately after delivery because that was the dealer leaving the tap open with the fuse in and it running dry.

Epigram

I agree with Steve B. If you trawl the forum you will find the negatives - and usually the fixes.
For me, faults from new and repaired or replaced under warranty: Creaking passenger seat, command speech module.
Fixed myself: awning rattles. With hindsight I wouldn’t have bothered with one.
Adblue consumption Is high and a mild irritation given the smaller tank but given typical mileage nothing I am bothered about.
Touch wood - no blisters.
It drives like a dream but I do need to remember to slow down on corners when the porta potti is on board.