Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fire extinguishers and co2 alarms

JEAK

Do people have these in their Marco Polo’s.
If so any recommendations on which ones to buy. Also any handy tips on where to mount them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Epigram

Do people have these in their Marco Polo’s.
If so any recommendations on which ones to buy. Also any handy tips on where to mount them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire Angel carbon monoxide detector (also has temperature gauge) mounted with double sided velcro on wardrobe door.
Fire extinguisher smallest possible in door pocket. Just enough to get people out safely. Sort the insurance out later.
No fire blanket but would probably chuck nearest clothing on.
Haven't done an assessment of spirits in cupboards which could fuel the fire and might have to be ”saved”.

Steve B

Same here - fire angel detector with the temp gauge above the small wardrobe door, and a small fire extinguisher (under the rear seat) and a blanket in the front seat pocket. The fire angel also measures the level rather than just alarm, you can see the level rise just with normal use.

Method7

I thought the MP had a carbon monoxide alarm fitted as standard.. it’s not in the horizon but I believe the sensor is mounted at bed height on the drivers door pillar. I could be wrong but the MP we looked at definitely had some sort of sensor mounted there.
CO2 is heavier than air but CO is a little bit lighter, it’s probably a good idea to fit the sensor or alarm at the lowest level your head is likely to be. This is why I assumed it was a co/CO2 sensor but then I also assume that these sensors detect both CO and CO2 so all assumptions because I have a horizon..

Epigram

I think if a CO detector were fitted it would be mentioned in the operating instructions especially as they need testing and replacing from time to time.
I have just looked under “Important Safety Notes” where only fire and thunderstorms are mentioned.

The thunderstorms instructions (lower the roof disconnect power etc.) reminds me of sleeping up top in the Rhine valley last year when we had a spectacular thunderstorm and continuous lightning all night.
I tried to think we were in a Faraday cage, but was mindfully aware that the roof is fibreglass and the scissor jacks either side of my head were quite good conductors.
Having been about 25 metres away from someone struck by lightning while carrying an umbrella I concluded that I wouldn’t know much about it anyway and decided to enjoy watching the lightning instead.

Last edited: