Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not always

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I need to watch out I don't drain it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Apojapo

Hi hi,

I will soon drive my Marco Polo 2019. I am a travel photographer and work on a laptop, around 3,5 hours a day on average for photo editing and other work.

So considering my situation in which I need to charge a laptop for 3,5 hours + other normal use of the heather, fridge, light - how much km do I need to drive roughly to get this power.

Although I understand this is something I will find out eventually, I already consider mountain a solar panel with extra battery.

Cheers

Roy C

I mostly go for campsites with EHU but I didn’t have that option at the British Grand Prix in 2019. We arrived Thursday afternoon and the leisure battery ran out Sunday morning. So that was just about three days. We didn’t work on a laptop like you want to do but charged phones and the fridge was probably working hard because it was warm. I’m not sure how far you would need to drive to recharge the battery because we didn’t have that option like on a normal campsite.

Steve B

Similar for me, I can get Friday to sunday charging phones, a few bursts on the warm air heating if its cold and fridge at 3 (as roy says, often turn the fridge off if its cold), but the battery is usually quite low by then. I am still thinking about solar but on the exisitng rather than an extra one, but lockdown has paused this.

Looking at reports on the volume of holidaymakers who will stay in the UK this year, suggests campsites will be full and charge more - perhaps time to spend more time off grid?

Apojapo

Thx guys, very helpful. I expect in winter it will be a bit less than 3 days. It might indeed be a better option to start with just the solar panel and see how it goes with the existing battery.