Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Faint beep from rear on turn right only

J

j200george

VIP Member
I have.a strange issue where there is a faint beeping sound which emanates from the rear left hand side of the car (passenger side). At first I thought that this was something to do with the water levels, or fridge etc but I have had some time to isolate it further now, and it appears to make the noise, in synchronisation and in concert with the right hand turn signal.

There are no error codes on the centre (Westfalia) console nor is there any further alarms being reported elsewhere.

I had the car scanned for an issue I thought I was having with a parking sensor today, and there were no error codes whatsoever on the car and after talking with the technician we surmised I am a Diddy and didn't t know how MB parking sensors operate! **blush...

Anyway, I didn't raise it with the tech, I know I should have but I was more focussed on the parking issue.

Has anyone ever came across this issue? You can hear it in the car faintly and still hear it outside.... there isn't some kind of mad safety feature that somehow is enabled in my car? As I say it goes on 100% with the right turn signal and goes off with it directly.

Noisy relay maybe?

As another by the way... I seem also to have noticed that the 12V DC cigarette lighter socket in the centre console at the front isn't working, does anyone have a fuse layout to allow me to track down the fuse and swap it out?

NOt sure if i am looking at the right on line fuse guide but according to this, bank S1 fuse 7 is the “cigarette lighter”. Having a look at mine (footwell of passenger seat) there is no 15A fuse present.
Should I pop a new 15a fuse? I mean what’s the worst that can happen eh?
8894822C-0B57-4EC9-B8D5-4CDD8F17E451.png

Attachments

• 5A2F0BB6-C446-454C-8F1C-5E354B380FB4.png
    5A2F0BB6-C446-454C-8F1C-5E354B380FB4.png
    426.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
J

j200george

VIP Member
Update on the Beeping,… it appears to be related to the tow bar… potentially an issue with the Westfalia tow bar control board or a simple fuse. En route to tow bar chap.

J

j200george

VIP Member
All sorted. Control board blown due to water ingress, replaced board and for good measure the socket as it wasn’t in the best of conditions. No more phantom beeping.