Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra storage

JamesWu

Hi I have a 2012 MP with manual roof, so only can take up to 15kg for roof storage by spec.
I'm looking into a tow ball mount storage solution, anyone tried something like this? Found it from VW forum, it is a storage box mounted on a Thule bike tow bar carrier, and can be tilted to allow (VW) tailgate to open.Screenshot 2020-09-17 at 13.46.13.png

SteveR

Hi James,
I use one of these on longer trips....
Towbar Rack
...with one of these...
Easy Bag
This comfortably holds a driveaway awning, awning carpet, pegs etc, plus a couple of helinox chairs and some smaller bits. Highly recommended

You could also opt for the more expensive....
Thule BackUp
...or...
Thule BackSpace

You can't open the tailgate without removing, or tilting and removing the upright though. Rear windscreen can be opened with rack in situ

SteveR

....I assume you mean the Towbar Rack + Easy Bag option can't open the tailgate without removing....
The rack has an upright attached so if you wanted to raise the tailgate with no bag attached you would have to tilt the upright down or remove it - easy enough, two hand knobs - but if you had a bag attached the easiest way would be to lift the rack off. A pain, but doable.