Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electrical fault

mptripsaway

Has anyone had electrical failures on the leisure side of the vehicle.
I am seven months in with my MP and use it most days. I have not experienced any problems with any aspect of my vehicle, everything works just as intended. It's an interesting question to pose, do you have an issue that maybe someone on here can help you with?

ding33

A timely question - my leisure battery appears to be flat and not holding a charge. Voltage is up on the display when engine running but drops off quickly when shut off. Think this indicates charger is working but an issue with the battery...

mptripsaway

A timely question - my leisure battery appears to be flat and not holding a charge. Voltage is up on the display when engine running but drops off quickly when shut off. Think this indicates charger is working but an issue with the battery...

I put mine through a full charging cycle on mains hook up for 24hrs once a month and this seems to keep the battery in a good fully charged condition.

ding33

What voltage are people seeing on the console for a healthy leisure battery after charging for 24 hrs?

ding33

I get that when engine on and charging. However drops to 12.6v when engine switched off and down to 12.5v this morning (although very cold!) Is this normal or is my leisure battery cooked? Presume a MB warranty issue if so?

mptripsaway

I get that when engine on and charging. However drops to 12.6v when engine switched off and down to 12.5v this morning (although very cold!) Is this normal or is my leisure battery cooked? Presume a MB warranty issue if so?

Checked mine after reading your post this morning.
It is due it's monthly hook up charge but reading was 12.4v with all bars on the graph display showing full, outside temp is -3. I will recheck again in a day or so after recharge. I use aux coolant heater almost every day at the moment which I think is quite power hungry so may account for current charge level.

ding33

Interesting - thanks for checking. Also using aux heating almost every day so could be related to this. I also have all charge bars showing. I await your post charge number with interest!

Katie

I may be talking rubbish but when we had our caravan the internal display always showed just over 12 volts until the caravan was hooked up to mains power.
It then immediately showed full power.
May be the same thing is happening here and there’s nothing to be concerned about. Just hook up to the mains and see what your reading is then.

ding33

Many thanks and agree probably nothing to worry about - reason I am concerned is that the heating shut off as battery was flat just prior to my first post.

mptripsaway

Interesting - thanks for checking. Also using aux heating almost every day so could be related to this. I also have all charge bars showing. I await your post charge number with interest!

Completed 24hrs charging on hook up and disconnected this morning.
When on hook up = 14.9v
Off hook up with zero load = 12.7v outside temp of -4.5 deg
Battery charge status shows fully charged.
I think that 12.7v is 100%

ding33

Brilliant, thanks for checking! Sets my mind at ease that battery probably ok. Will adopt the monthly charging process to keep it that way!

Katie

That’s great - we’re collecting our Penelope in about a weeks time so one less thing to be concerned about.
She’s going to have a lovely feed up of electricity as soon as we get home.
May even try sleeping on the drive to test out the heating, knowing I can always pop back in the house if it’s too cold