Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Electric Seats - Fuse keeps blowing

Neil

Took our 2017 Marco Polo campervan out for the first time since we bought it, electric seats didn't operate for the bed
We got home and located the fuse for the seats which we replaced and blew
Located the reset switch for the seats, pressed that and still nothing, have tried several fuses but immediately blow when we try to put them in.
Wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
The round 4 pin plug from the seats doesn't seem to plug in any other way
Has anyone got any advice?

Last edited:

Method7

Have you checked the cable from the plug to the seat? It may be damaged, pinched or trapped.

Grand Tourismo

Yes that was the first thing we checked all seemed okay with the cable.
I know you tried a new fuse but just to rule out a faulty batch of fuses, maybe can you try a new one from another brand? (stranger things have happened).
Also just double check the fuse rating and position on the fuse board (I can imagine they might get mixed up accidentally)

Neil

We have tried several fuses from different batches and have double checked the fuse board reference positioning same result.

SteveR

We have tried several fuses from different batches and have double checked the fuse board reference positioning same result.
I know this isn't very helpful Neil but I would double (treble?) check that the round connector is correctly fitted in the right position.
If it was still blowing fuses I'd source a wiring diagram and use a meter to check the feeds to the socket. If they are working ok then it's time to trace the wiring in the seat unit itself.
Or of course, pay a visit to a Lucas or similar auto-electrician.
I assume from your post that you have only recently bought it. Did you buy from a dealer? MB? private sale?
If it is recently from a dealer, that would probably be the very first port of call

Method7

One simple but only slightly useful way to determine if the fault is with the seat or in the car is to disconnect the seat and replace the fuse, if it blows when the seat is not plugged in then the is likely a issue in the van, is the fuse shared with another circuit?
If it doesn’t blow instantly then I guess the issue is with the seat and you can at least continue the diagnosis from there.

SteveR

One simple but only slightly useful way to determine if the fault is with the seat or in the car is to disconnect the seat and replace the fuse, if it blows when the seat is not plugged in then the is likely a issue in the van, is the fuse shared with another circuit?
If it doesn’t blow instantly then I guess the issue is with the seat and you can at least continue the diagnosis from there.
Very sensible approach. It would at least determine whether the actual seat unit was a red herring

Fredrik78

I know this isn't very helpful Neil but I would double (treble?) check that the round connector is correctly fitted in the right position.
If it was still blowing fuses I'd source a wiring diagram and use a meter to check the feeds to the socket. If they are working ok then it's time to trace the wiring in the seat unit itself.
Or of course, pay a visit to a Lucas or similar auto-electrician.
I assume from your post that you have only recently bought it. Did you buy from a dealer? MB? private sale?
If it is recently from a dealer, that would probably be the very first port of call
Hi,
I having this very issue. How do see what the correct position is? The fuse keeps blowing again and again.

Fredrik78

Hi and welcome Fredrik
First thing to try is as in Method7's suggestion a few posts up. Let us know the outcome
Thanks,

I actually got it to work via the "reset" button. Now the question is how do I see what position that is the correct one. If I put it in the wrong way the fuser blows.

Samebutdifferent

Samebutdifferent

VIP Member
Thanks,

I actually got it to work via the "reset" button. Now the question is how do I see what position that is the correct one. If I put it in the wrong way the fuser blows.

There is a ridge in the plug and a slot in the socket. In theory it can only be fitted correctly.

seat connector.jpg

seat connector 1.jpg