Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Drive Away Awnings

John W

I bought my MP some weeks back and having had a large motor home with a wind out awning I thought I needed one for my new MP. Whilst great for temporary shade from the sun (he laughs) not very good to store things or shelter from bad weather.
I’ve been looking at the Drive Away Awnings but am struggling to see how they connect to the MP. The normal channel is blocked by the brackets of the wind out awning and although there is a channel at the bottom of the wind out awning it still leaves a gap between the MP and awning where rain can get in.

Any ideas or recommendations would be great fully received before I go and buy the wrong option??

Pam

Hi we have brought a Vango driveaway awning that connects to the factory fitted wind out awning with the kit available from this club shop.
Very easy to use we are delighted with it.
Vango Drive Away Awning Kador Kit inc Carry Bag for the Mercedes Marco Polo – AWXDRIVE 3DUA15

pumpsmynads

If money no object then try Gybe. They look amazing but a couple of grand by the time u add the attachments and accessories.

Pam

Hi, we have a vango idris 11 and are very happy with it, inflateable and quick to put up/down. There is a small gap where meets van that is covered by a flap from the awning. We had rain when it was up and no issues/leaks.

John W

I’ve been in touch with the guys from gybe and there is no connection to the MP that is suitable for one with a wind out awning. I agree they look fantastic and I was disappointed to hear that news. It can fit into the groove but the wind out brackets get in the way.

pumpsmynads

I’ve been in touch with the guys from gybe and there is no connection to the MP that is suitable for one with a wind out awning. I agree they look fantastic and I was disappointed to hear that news. It can fit into the groove but the wind out brackets get in the way.

That’s disappointing. Do the others all work with the awning?

Roy C

I've gone for the Kampa Travel Pod Motion Air. Has a kador strip for each of attaching and detaching if you use the kador strip kit from the shop. It just arrived today and put it up in the garden but the reasons I chose it are:
- inflatable and up in about 10 minutes - a bit longer for fully pegging out
- clip-in groundsheet (in case we go to one of the reportedly fussy sites that don't allow sewn in ones)
- 5 access doors - 2 either side of the connection part (so can get in the van without going through the main tent part, 2 either side of the main tent part and one at the front - wanted the flexibility of access for different pitches
- At £550 it seemed £100-£200 cheaper than the equivalent ones from the other usual suspects - Vango, Khyam etc.
- optional inner sleeping pod
- only 3.3m wide so reckon I can sneak onto a pitch 5m wide especially if I don't peg out the front door part fully