Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Does anyone drink water from the tap?

Lizziekenn

We are planning our first longer trip and haven’t yet needed to drink from the fresh water tank. Does anyone? And if so do you have any recommendations for cleaning?

Steve B

We tend to use it for boiling/cooking and rinsing stuff. I did sterilise (Tablets) and rinse the tank out after it had been stood over the winter after emptying it at the end of last year. Still, I'll use other water for drinking though.

SteveR

We are planning our first longer trip and haven’t yet needed to drink from the fresh water tank. Does anyone? And if so do you have any recommendations for cleaning?
Personally I wouldn't. But if you choose to, it may be worth getting one of those filter water bottles to drink from perhaps?

Carol

No matter how you clean your freshwater tank ,it is difficult to get rid of all the bacteria out of the system. also the tank getting warm over a few days will encourage bacteria growth, So rinking is not reccommended on any motor home or van.

edzt

Use this regularly wether you drink it or not

Dutchyankee

No matter how you clean your freshwater tank ,it is difficult to get rid of all the bacteria out of the system. also the tank getting warm over a few days will encourage bacteria growth, So rinking is not reccommended on any motor home or van.
Thanks for your advice. We've been drinking it regularly without experiencing any issues. Mind you we use it primarily for coffee but we really like the water from our home, Tilburg NL, as it's really tasty, and is quite alkaline. On the down side it does have quite a bit of calcium carbonate which builds up it not cleaned properly.