Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Distronic Cruise Control

MacCedes

Love it, hate it or indifferent?
We have it on our MB estate and I think its great for that stop start motorway driving so it’s on my list of requirements on the MP.....when I mentioned it to a dealer I got the reply “personally I wouldn’t bother with it”. I hasten to mention that he couldn’t provide a vehicle with it so those of you that have it, could you live without it?

GeorgeG

Love it, hate it or indifferent?
We have it on our MB estate and I think its great for that stop start motorway driving so it’s on my list of requirements on the MP.....when I mentioned it to a dealer I got the reply “personally I wouldn’t bother with it”. I hasten to mention that he couldn’t provide a vehicle with it so those of you that have it, could you live without it?

The first MP I drove had Distronic, but I ended up buying a pre-reg without. I went for one of the few nearly new ones with the ‘night’ heater which I consider to be more important, if you have to make a choice, as it is after all primarily a camper van - we’ll it is for me.

In terms of the way the adaptive cruise control works, I felt it was a bit more fiddly than the system I’m used to on my Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. Although I like the idea I thought I may not use it much in the Marco Polo application. Having said that, I would probably order it if buying new. However, it’s part of the Driving Assistance Package at £1745 and if you don’t want Blind Spot Assist, or Lane Keeping Assist then it’s a bit pricey. I’ve read reports of the BSA being a bit irritating, especially at night and the LKA makes the steering wheel vibrate if you move a little too much to the left or right. Some people find this also a little over sensitive and annoying.

Anyway, I don’t have it but I can keep warm on those chilly nights!

WILLH

Driver Assistance Pack is the only option I didn’t specify on my MP

Blind spot assist I find distracting especially at night and I’ve never had a problem in over a million miles of driving where I’ve not seen someone in my blind spot when I’ve been pulling out.Likewise lane keeping assist.

Distronic Plus I have used on a C Class.Even on its most extreme setting for me it left too much room to the car in front into which a car from another lane would then pull into then it would reduce my speed while it made up the same gap for someone to pull into again....

I admire the technology but to me personally it’s frustrating and frankly quite useless.

Israel

I used to drive many Volvos with their equivalent system and I loved it. Really. Worked nice and easy, smooth.
I find the MP a bit more rude, you 'feel it' when driving. It could be I got used to one system and now it's a bit different, I need to get used to it. It's a good system? Sure, but I don't think it's better than volvo's.
Personally I started driving without it and, with the automatic gear, I do not miss it at all. Only on the traffic jams, but I don't get those where I live :)
But I think you should test it. As someone else said: you love it or you hate it. It's totally a personal preference. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

Last edited:

MacCedes

I used to drive many Volvos with their equivalent system and I loved it. Really. Worked nice and easy, smooth.
I find the MP a bit more rude, you 'feel it' when driving. It could be I got used to one system and now it's a bit different, I need to get used to it. It's a good system? Sure, but I don't think it's better than volvo's.
Personally I started driving without it and, with the automatic gear, I do not miss it at all. Only on the traffic jams, but I don't get those where I live :)
But I think you should test it. As someone else said: you love it or you hate it. It's totally a personal preference. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk
I find the C43 smooth but husband had a Lexus with early adaptive cruise technology and it would stamp on the brakes alarmingly.

MacCedes

Driver Assistance Pack is the only option I didn’t specify on my MP

Blind spot assist I find distracting especially at night and I’ve never had a problem in over a million miles of driving where I’ve not seen someone in my blind spot when I’ve been pulling out.Likewise lane keeping assist.

Distronic Plus I have used on a C Class.Even on its most extreme setting for me it left too much room to the car in front into which a car from another lane would then pull into then it would reduce my speed while it made up the same gap for someone to pull into again....

I admire the technology but to me personally it’s frustrating and frankly quite useless.
I can see your point with gaps, in that situation I override it with a tap on the accelerator :p