Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Disarm alarm

askho

So I was wild camping in my MP, with quite a few "neighbours", in a layby overlooking a beach. Perfect location. Couldn't be better.
In the middle of the night I had to get up for a "wee". Probably because of my movements inside the van I set off the alarm, possibly waking up all the neighbours. Is there a way of disarming the alarm? If so, how? Thanks.

WILLH

Lock the doors with the switch by the drivers inside door handle instead of using the button on the key and the alarm will not activate.

Epigram

By far the safest way. You can disable the alarm on the overhead console but you will probably end up calling Mercedes. ;)

askho

Lock the doors with the switch by the drivers inside door handle instead of using the button on the key and the alarm will not activate.
Thanks. Most useful information. Next time I know better.
But fellow MP users, do that before the auto lock kicks in, because that still arms the alarm.

Also, disable the autolock. It's more hassle than it's worth imo and it reduces the chances of you somehow locking yourself out.

SteveR

Mine locks by itself after about maybe 15-30 secs. Stationary, not moving.
All I can find in the options is to activate / deactivate auto locking when the vehicle goes above walking pace.

Are you sure that you are not getting confused with the functionality that if you unlock with the remote and do not open a door, it will re-lock after 30-40 seconds automatically?? i.e. to prevent an unintentional unlock while the keys are say, in your pocket

askho

All I can find in the options is to activate / deactivate auto locking when the vehicle goes above walking pace.

Are you sure that you are not getting confused with the functionality that if you unlock with the remote and do not open a door, it will re-lock after 30-40 seconds automatically?? i.e. to prevent an unintentional unlock while the keys are say, in your pocket
That is exactly what I mean. When I was wild camping, I forgot why I unlocked the MP from the inside but didn't open any doors. It autolocked itself and armed the alarm. When I moved inside the van I set the alarm off.

SteveR

That is exactly what I mean. When I was wild camping, I forgot why I unlocked the MP from the inside but didn't open any doors. It autolocked itself and armed the alarm. When I moved inside the van I set the alarm off.
Ah, OK. But you can't really lock yourself out