Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Diesel ban

funkyegg

Hi guys,

I placed an order for a MAP sport 250 a few weeks ago and I can't wait for the collection day. However, I'm very annoyed with all the recent media coverage talking about potentially bans and taxes on diesel cars and how it affects the value of the second hand diesel cars. I don't intend to sell my MP but the media does upset me especially it's a high price vehicle and I want to be able to drive it everywhere without any restrictions. MP is a euro 6 which means it's a very efficient and clean vehicle, why would governments considering a blanket penalty on all diesel cars, especially there aren't any real alternatives available?! Is it really for the environment or is it just another excuse for governments to tax? You work hard so that you can afford to buy a MP and you are already being taxed for your income, and when you buy a MP you have to pay VAT and increased road tax. Now you are going to be penalised for driving it? Where is the justice? Sorry, I have to moan somewhere and wonder what others think...

terry1956

Its all about money. sad to say that in the years to come the race to get petrol and diesel cars off the road will get on a pace. The powers that be just don't wish to deal with the real problem of over population and so pick on the cash cow to deflect on how totally they have f.... it all up. There will be a ban that's for sure, but not before they have made everything worthless that we have worked for.

funkyegg

Sad but true. Life is too short and I know what I want and I don't think the current euro 6 engines are any less environmental that EVs considering other issues associated with EVs...