Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dead Command system / radio etc

Here's a weird one that I had at the end of a 6 day camping trip.

On the last night the sliding door button started flashing in the middle of the night. No amount of opening it and closing it would stop it so I solved it with a spare sock to block the light out.

The next morning when starting the car up we had "Traffic Sign Assist Unavailable" on the dash, then noticed the nav screen was dead. Here's a list of what didn't work:

Nav
Radio
USB sockets wouldn't charge a phone
Dynamic Mode select
The auto stop start button did nothing
Sliding door button did nothing
Selecting radio etc from the steering wheel buttons just showed '---' in the display between speedo and tach.

Tried leaving it all off for an hour, no change.

Eventutally got home after 3hrs with no radio, removed fuse F33 (15a one for the head unit) , put it back and it all sprang back in to life.

Very weird but hopefully will help anyone if they have the same issue!!

RFT

So basically you turned it off and turned it on again?

Last edited:

RFT

You haven't seen The IT Crowd, have you? The running joke is that any computer PC problem can be fixed by 'turning it off and turning it on again'!

Last edited:

1508ian

Here's a weird one that I had at the end of a 6 day camping trip.

On the last night the sliding door button started flashing in the middle of the night. No amount of opening it and closing it would stop it so I solved it with a spare sock to block the light out.

The next morning when starting the car up we had "Traffic Sign Assist Unavailable" on the dash, then noticed the nav screen was dead. Here's a list of what didn't work:

Nav
Radio
USB sockets wouldn't charge a phone
Dynamic Mode select
The auto stop start button did nothing
Sliding door button did nothing
Selecting radio etc from the steering wheel buttons just showed '---' in the display between speedo and tach.

Tried leaving it all off for an hour, no change.

Eventutally got home after 3hrs with no radio, removed fuse F33 (15a one for the head unit) , put it back and it all sprang back in to life.

Very weird but hopefully will help anyone if they have the same issue!!

1508ian

Only nearly five years later, but we have just today experienced exactly the same issue with our 2019 MP. As we are on holiday in Spain and it is pouring with rain today I haven’t attempted to pull out the fuses yet. I think the fuse box for these fuses is under the drivers side dashboard?
Thank goodness for Waze…

1508ian

Only nearly five years later, but we have just today experienced exactly the same issue with our 2019 MP. As we are on holiday in Spain and it is pouring with rain today I haven’t attempted to pull out the fuses yet. I think the fuse box for these fuses is under the drivers side dashboard?
Thank goodness for Waze…
Good news - the screen revived itself the following morning with no intervention needed…