Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cover for pop up roof

chris70

Hi does anyone have a insulated pool up roof cover and if so are they easy enough to fit without the need of steps etc, Also any recommendations of suppliers,
It was cold last weekend so this is next on my list of never ending purchases
Thanks

SteveR

....are they easy enough to fit without the need of steps etc...
I guess that depends on how tall you are :)

We have a Rainbow Screens pop-top cover but haven't used it yet due to lockdown and subsequently it hasn't been so cold. We'll be trying it out though in a couple of weeks.
In the meantime, check out Bus and Beyonds youtube review of comfortz vs rainbow albeit on a VW to see how easy / hard it is to put up...
Hope this helps

Defender1

Hi does anyone have a insulated pool up roof cover and if so are they easy enough to fit without the need of steps etc, Also any recommendations of suppliers,
Thanks
Hi, we have the insulated one from Comfortz through the club shop. It is easy enough to put on and very well made. Easier with two of you but it is a 2 minute job.
Very similar to the rainbow by the look of it, but when we were looking at that and a cabin screen it was less expensive to go with Comfortz. I had ordered from them before with a California we had and the quality, if anything, has got better with this set. Highly effective bit of kit and we have tested it in torrential rain and wind, and it held up well.

chris70

Thanks , I got a polar technologies insulated roof cover, excellent service and value at £150, only got chance to use it for the first time this week due to lockdown etc but think it’s one of the best purchases yet.
You do have to supply them with measurements which is easy but I have got the scan of dimensions if anybody is struggling.

caMPike

Thanks , I got a polar technologies insulated roof cover, excellent service and value at £150, only got chance to use it for the first time this week due to lockdown etc but think it’s one of the best purchases yet.
You do have to supply them with measurements which is easy but I have got the scan of dimensions if anybody is struggling.
My next DIY project is insulation of roof tent, for polar circle trip. Still considering inside/outside option.
Outside dimensions would be great help. Thanks

caMPike

Just started with tent insulation for winter adventures, 8mm thick pannels with ALU reflecting coating on both side, I have used the same material for all 8 window sreens as well. The material is easy to cut and stiff enough to keep shape, fits well inside window without any mounting if measure and cut 1cm oversized.

Attachments

• 61FC5A7A-BB47-42AE-A31C-FBEDA08DE01E.jpeg
    61FC5A7A-BB47-42AE-A31C-FBEDA08DE01E.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 58

caMPike

I have tested my MP with “artic set up” in last couple of days behind polar circle. Insulation panels in windows and also in tent, ebespecher heating, hot air hose for upper bed. We were camping and sleeping in -24 dgr C, all works well. I am very satisfied with MP camping in real winter.

Attachments

• 29F49A1C-8AE7-41D3-A878-AA1A4C8D859C.jpeg
    29F49A1C-8AE7-41D3-A878-AA1A4C8D859C.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 18
  • A2D1CA19-F4CA-4A9E-B41F-619417F6A2B8.jpeg
    A2D1CA19-F4CA-4A9E-B41F-619417F6A2B8.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17

slumbers

Thanks
I have the Mercedes internal thermal covers, which work but a pain to a. Install and b. Fit every time. I ordered external covers for windscreen/driver and pax windows and the pop up roof. Work well, easy to fit and remove without steps and do the job. Need to check on the company I bought from. I’ll post again.

slumbers

Thanks
The wrap I have is Comfortz which works great with 2017 model. I’m 5’10 and don’t require a step.

Steve B

We have the comfortz wrap which works well, also use it in the summer if we are staying a couple of nights as it keeps the temp regulated a bit between hot days and cool nights. It also keeps the light out first thing so it a choice to get up with the daylight rather than wide awake at 5am!

PoloTim

We have the comfortz wrap which works well, also use it in the summer if we are staying a couple of nights as it keeps the temp regulated a bit between hot days and cool nights. It also keeps the light out first thing so it a choice to get up with the daylight rather than wide awake at 5am!
Hello Steve,
Do you have the zipped side window flaps on your comfortz wrap?
On the website you get the choice of:
No window
Window or
Ventilation
I just want to be able to see out when standing up in the daytime and let some fresh air in.
Any thoughts Steve?
Cheers
Tim

Steve B

Hi Tim - I just went for the plain one, less to go wrong. There are vents in the top of the roof bellows, and the wrap isn't airtight so hot air does vent out. You can also unzip the bellows vents for a little more air movement. By unzipping the two side vents you can see out but its bit of a restricted view, so not sure if its worth it, but that personal choice. We don't tend to spend much time in the MP during the day, we use the awning more, so view isn't that important from inside the top.

Steve B

Its a rare thing to meet another MP on a campsite, but good when you do. The VW California club has held joint meetings (two I think), we attended the last one which was Sept 2019 in Dorset, where there were four MP's whilst we were there, plus lots of VW's. Hope they organise another this year as there are many more MP's about now.