Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Converting 2005 MP hydraulic roof to manual

Again, such good news that you sourced the rams, although pretty steep, but the prices were lower than I would have anticipated.

let us all know have the replacement goes :)

RobRam

Hi Edward,

All good now. I had Mercedes Los Barios fit both new rams for 280Euros. I get the guarantee for labour and parts so I’m a bit happier although a touch poorer! I kept the old rams and will see if I can’t replace the seals and maybe someone else in this group might want them.
Roof working like a dream, and much quieter than previously. Hope it stays that way.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_4310.jpeg
    IMG_4310.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

funkyegg

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the material and quality of the roofs on 2004/2005 MPs similar to the current ones that have been suffering the well known blister issues? Just curious to know:rolleyes:

Marcopolo012

I found this to me Mercedes 343.0 as the correct oil spec. Thanks
I am now looking for the correct part number or spec for the hydraulic pistons. mine are leaking and I wish to replace. Any further ideas please. Many thanks in anticipation.
hi Robram

which did you put : Mercedes 343.0 or Mercedes 345.0
i want to add some oil to my MP .
thank you

Marcopolo012

thank you for the quick reply.
my MP is 2006 and your cylinders look different than mine.
yours are little bigger can they fit in mine MP too?

mine are : Q90000150271 and Q900001506274

RobRam

Hi,
1708676478068.png18 and 19 are the ones for my 2004 camper. I will try and get you the telephone number for the helpful Mercedes dealer in Austria. He managed to locate the rams for me.