Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Conversion to hot water shower

Guido

Hi,

I just collected my new Marco Polo V250 4matic and unfortunately the user manual is in...German.

Can you please confirm the shower water is not heated?

Does anyone install any heater kit (electric, diesel, heat exchanger)?

Thank you,

Ian

All running water in the van is cold only. There is no water heater for the tap or shower. No idea how you would go about fitting something like this.

As for the user guide it’s possible to download a Mercedes app (I know it works on iPads / iPhone) and get whatever Mercedes guide you need including for the MP. It’s much more useful than the paper copy as you can easily search it.

Guido

All running water in the van is cold only. There is no water heater for the tap or shower. No idea how you would go about fitting something like this.

As for the user guide it’s possible to download a Mercedes app (I know it works on iPads / iPhone) and get whatever Mercedes guide you need including for the MP. It’s much more useful than the paper copy as you can easily search it.
Thank you for the info. I found online also a pdf user manual.

The new westfalia Jules Verne has a truma gas electric water heater but I think we have no space to install it. I am evaluating a 12v 25A resistance heater to use only while driving as a cheap solution. Almost two hours to heat a 38l tank so an extra small tank might be better but I must dismount the cabinet and see where possibly fit it.

GeorgeG

Thank you for the info. I found online also a pdf user manual.

The new westfalia Jules Verne has a truma gas electric water heater but I think we have no space to install it. I am evaluating a 12v 25A resistance heater to use only while driving as a cheap solution. Almost two hours to heat a 38l tank so an extra small tank might be better but I must dismount the cabinet and see where possibly fit it.

A friend has a Westfalia Joker City with the electric heating element. From what he told me about it, I seem to remember it is quite a small water tank, but he only has the electric heater element on whilst driving. Judging by how long it takes to heat a small 12v electric kettle it would take forever to heat 38l. Unless a hot (more than likely, warm) shower is essential, boiling a kettle will have to be the way forward!

enano

I will take delivery of our MP next year, I am interested in retro fitting a hot water system to the vehicle, I think this would be the perfect solutions, http://www.surejust.co.uk/6-litre-12v-240v-motorhome-water-heater .
does anyone know if there is anywhere within the vehicle behind any of the cupboard spacing that this might fit.

If you are really interested, Elgena makes a tiny 3L electric boiler. There is more than enough room in the lowest drawer under the kitchen for the boiler, a thermostatic mixing valve and the pipes. Or you can sacrifice some room at the bottom of the cupboard, over the fresh water tank, and install a 6L boiler.
I ultimately decided not to install it. The tank is very small, and either using the rear door shower or some kind of attachment to the tap, I'd rather take a really quick shower.