Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Condensation on windscreen

Sarahjane

Hi everyone…. Whenever I get into our MP which is parked on our driveway, there is condensation on the inside of the windscreen. Any advise how to prevent this and to clear it other than wiping it away, there is loads of it. I have tried directing air vents onto it but it just does not clear. It takes ages for me to set of on my journey as I have to clear the condensation first. Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Blackrat

Hi,
It was never a problem in our MP when parked overnight. Are you able to park the other way around to see if it makes a difference? Maybe also worth trying a couple of moisture traps. I’ve never personally used them but might be worth a try.
Condensation was however a problem after sleeping in it, as is the case in our current motor home.
I always carry a Karcher window vac which gets rid of it quickly and easily. I do spread a towel over the dash to prevent excess drops going down behind the dashboard.

Method7

we get this after several days of standing in winter, moisture comes in on shoes/coats and seems to get trapped in the same way as when you sleep in there.. I tend to leave the windows open a crack - i have Wind Deflectors fitted so it cannot be seen.. this helps a lot - but can let the spiders in :)

Sarahjane

Hi,
It was never a problem in our MP when parked overnight. Are you able to park the other way around to see if it makes a difference? Maybe also worth trying a couple of moisture traps. I’ve never personally used them but might be worth a try.
Condensation was however a problem after sleeping in it, as is the case in our current motor home.
I always carry a Karcher window vac which gets rid of it quickly and easily. I do spread a towel over the dash to prevent excess drops going down behind the dashboard.
Thank you I have ordered a couple moisture absorbers (look like bean bags) but I will put them on something. It is difficult to park the other way round but I will give it a go. Thanks for you help

Sarahjane

we get this after several days of standing in winter, moisture comes in on shoes/coats and seems to get trapped in the same way as when you sleep in there.. I tend to leave the windows open a crack - i have Wind Deflectors fitted so it cannot be seen.. this helps a lot - but can let the spiders in :)
Thank you. Will look into doing this

ChrisG

Leave a chemical dehumidifier in there, just be careful it's secure if you then drive off with it :)

Halsall-

We had the same problem after we got the front carpets completely soaked. We put a dehumidifier in the van over night and the following day, it pulls 3 litres of water out and the problem went away.

Sarahjane

We had the same problem after we got the front carpets completely soaked. We put a dehumidifier in the van over night and the following day, it pulls 3 litres of water out and the problem went away.
Thank you will look into doing that. I have the pouches to absorb moisture to give them a try. It is not so bad this morning.

Method7

it might be worth checking that you haven't got a leak somewhere - door/window seals roof is closing properly and that the drain holes are clear, there are several little drains around the sealing lip that easily get blocked with crud.. you can rinse them out with a hose and something to prod it i have used kebab (long cocktail) sticks... there are also several on the scuttle - the area where the wipers come out behind the bonnet. feel around on the carpets, floor side panels for wet areas - evidence that water might be coming in and go up from there if you find anything... i think if it was coolant you would smell it and the windows would steam up when you have the heater on...

Oh also check the air-con drains are clear, remember there are two one in the front and one in the rear.. the car should leave two wet patches on the dry road when left running with air-con on - or after a trip and parked up for a few minutes.