Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Code error 4 on Aux diesel heating

Israel

Hej,
Our Westfalia display shows the heating icon (three arrows) 'crossed over' with an error code 4. The official MP manual explain different errors, but no mention about this '4'.
The thing is that the heating works great (thanks my God, we have -12c out :) )
Any idea? Thanks!

Skickat från min SM-A320FL via Tapatalk

WILLH

Mine has had the same since I picked it up a few months ago-I should have taken it back to the dealer for rectification but all seems to be working okay.

Israel

Mine has had the same since I picked it up a few months ago-I should have taken it back to the dealer for rectification but all seems to be working okay.
I made a factory reset and the problem has disappear ...

Israel

How do you perform a factory reset?
Ok, I'm back ...
Instructions come from furgovw.org, a really good Spanish forum for VW, MP and more (thanks to the user MadVan).
1. Move the Westfalia controller so it shows the timer icon, water icon, roof icon ...
2. Press simultaneously the up and down arrows during few seconds.
3. Welcome to the hidden menu!
4. Here you will see three icons. The first one is the record of all the errors. You can see them with the error codes and, if desired, delete them.
The second icon is the heating (tree arrows going upwards). In there, among other things, you can se a 'X' behind the up button of the console. If you press this the heating resets to the factory settings. OBS! All your config will be missing: time, desired fridge temperature... but the error will be gone :)
As I see it: if the error is something important it will come back :)
5. The last/third option shows different information and codes I can not explain. But you can see the inner temperature. That's nice..
DISCLAIMER: Worked for me and few others from furgovw.org, but I'm not sure about Westfalia's opinion :)
Good luck!

JEAK

Is there a list of error codes and what they mean? Does anyone know what error code 170 is. We seem to have a recurring beeping noise. Mercedes assistance say it’s not the van but something to do with the Westfalia end. Roof is closed. But suspect micro switch intermittent. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimbo73

jimbo73

VIP Member
Had the same issue. Error 4. Followed the above reset and it cleared it. Any ideas what error 4 is ?

MarioF

Ok, I'm back ...
Instructions come from furgovw.org, a really good Spanish forum for VW, MP and more (thanks to the user MadVan).
1. Move the Westfalia controller so it shows the timer icon, water icon, roof icon ...
2. Press simultaneously the up and down arrows during few seconds.
3. Welcome to the hidden menu!
4. Here you will see three icons. The first one is the record of all the errors. You can see them with the error codes and, if desired, delete them.
The second icon is the heating (tree arrows going upwards). In there, among other things, you can se a 'X' behind the up button of the console. If you press this the heating resets to the factory settings. OBS! All your config will be missing: time, desired fridge temperature... but the error will be gone :)
As I see it: if the error is something important it will come back :)
5. The last/third option shows different information and codes I can not explain. But you can see the inner temperature. That's nice..
DISCLAIMER: Worked for me and few others from furgovw.org, but I'm not sure about Westfalia's opinion :)
Good luck!

Israel, do you have the link to the original spanish version?

Thanks in advance.