Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Chrome rear bumper protector

J

j200george

VIP Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for a chrome cill protector? I appreciate AMG models come with them fitted. Has anyone with a Sport retro fitted one?

How about this ON amazon or is the OEM apart available from MB parts?

My incoming V250 full fat camper has some scratches on the rear bumper cill but I don’t want to get it painted.

anyone have any experience on the matter?

Last edited:

The fat controller

Does anyone have any recommendations for a chrome cill protector? I appreciate AMG models come with them fitted. Has anyone with a Sport retro fitted one?

How about this Version on Amazon or is the OEM apart available from MB parts?

My incoming V250 full fat camper has some scratches on the rear bumper cill but I don’t want to get it painted.

anyone have any experience on the matter?
Can't see your link I'm afraid George but I have explored this a little.

I've ended up with a black abs plastic one (looks better than it sounds) which I think was from vanstyle. There isn't a massive range out there and the difficulty of fitting a metal one precisely put me off. Somewhere on this forum is the spec for the one supplied with the amg line models, I forget the name but it was available (from Germany, at significant expense...) when I looked if you're really keen.

I'll pop a pic on of mine

The fat controller

Poor pics as excluding plate and van packed (but not washed!) for our trip away which begins tomorrow. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• 16594654993477261272557130425436.jpg
    16594654993477261272557130425436.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 1659465525084756629633844643711.jpg
    1659465525084756629633844643711.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 18
J

j200george

VIP Member
Thanks ^^^ I’ve edited the link.

J

j200george

VIP Member
Poor pics as excluding plate and van packed (but not washed!) for our trip away which begins tomorrow. Hope it helps.
That looks very nice. I thought they’d be easy to fit. Think they come with adhesive backing so provided the cill is clean it should be a press fit…(in theory).

The fat controller

That looks very nice. I thought they’d be easy to fit. Think they come with adhesive backing so provided the cill is clean it should be a press fit…(in theory).
You've hit the nail on the head there.

It was one like that I tried initially (dark chrome to match the van....). It's probably ineptitude on my part but the issue is that you need to line it up absolutely right before making contact with the van, as the tape is super sticky and the metal rather thin. I ended up slicing my fingers on the lower edge as it wasn't 100% flush with the bumper hence the change. I believe a method of Masking tape 'hinges' may assist if you're keen on that look in particular - I have to admit it was my first choice but in the end mine is nearly invisible at a distance so I'll take that!

Good luck whatever you decide!

Method7

What about using soapy water as a lubricant in the same way the wrap, marketing types use. ?

J

j200george

VIP Member
I think you can position the part, mark each end with masking tape, remove the adhesive backing and apply it….. wish me luck. I’ve ordered it,… cut fingers and mucho expletives may follow lol