Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging of additional battery

Richard DL

Back here again. Last issue re charging of additional battery was sorted at garage - burnt out relay under passenger seat !! However back on road and now - additional battery charges from mains when hooked up but appears not to be charging when driving around. Two questions please
1. Should the charging bars show charging when driving around (with fridge on 3 bars)? It doesnt show at the moment, but bars do move when hooked up to mains. Battery level dropping from 12.5v to 11.8v after 3/4 days. Is this normal? Thanks

"Should the charging bars show charging when driving around"

Nope. They'll just gradually increase on a long drive. What does the voltage show when you're driving ?

Richard DL

Cheers Brian. It depends what V it starts at but after mains charging shows 12.5V then can drop to 12.3V after few short journeys and fridge on 3 bars. Do you think that’s normal? I’m concerned as if traveling around Scotland for eg - I need voltage to stay up to use pop up, fridge reclining seats etc. Thanks again brian

Cheers Brian. It depends what V it starts at but after mains charging shows 12.5V then can drop to 12.3V after few short journeys and fridge on 3 bars. Do you think that’s normal? I’m concerned as if traveling around Scotland for eg - I need voltage to stay up to use pop up, fridge reclining seats etc. Thanks again brian

When the van is *running* and has been for a few minutes, what Voltage does it display ? 14.3-14.6 ?

Richard DL

Hi Brian. Thanks for coming back so quickly. No it doesn’t get to that. Usually stays at what it’s at and drops a bit.

Gabrg3

Hi Richard,
We had this issue - resolved eventually by working out the manual hadn’t been translated across for RHD, so ‘passenger’ in the manual referred to a LHD config so in fact was driver side on ours, and that there is another auxiliary battery (for the stop start I think?) under our passenger side... once we had the correct battery’s relay sorted we were back up and charging at ~14.5v as per Brian’s post and been running fine ever since