Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central control unit down arrow not working

Deanobaz

Hi All,
I have a 2018 MP v220 which I had and enjoyed for 3 years now. Has anyone had experience or issues with the central control unit down arrow not working? As I can turn the Fridge on to max and raise the roof but I'm now no longer able to turn the fridge down or off and more importantly lower the roof! The fridge isn't too much of an issue as I can just pull out the desired fuse. For the roof however, I'm in a bit of a predicament as using the manual method of pressing the emergency operation button still requires using the central control arrows to lower. Also I definitely have the windows open and the ignition at the correct position in order to operate.
I'm assuming the central control unit is the issue and may need fixing or replacing, does anyone have experience similar to this or advice? Also is there a genuinely manual method to lower the roof?

Steve B

This is the second control unit issue in a couple of weeks on older current model MP's. Can't help with any of the questions as to date my roof & fridge have been OK.

EdP

Hi All,
I have a 2018 MP v220 which I had and enjoyed for 3 years now. Has anyone had experience or issues with the central control unit down arrow not working? As I can turn the Fridge on to max and raise the roof but I'm now no longer able to turn the fridge down or off and more importantly lower the roof! The fridge isn't too much of an issue as I can just pull out the desired fuse. For the roof however, I'm in a bit of a predicament as using the manual method of pressing the emergency operation button still requires using the central control arrows to lower. Also I definitely have the windows open and the ignition at the correct position in order to operate.
I'm assuming the central control unit is the issue and may need fixing or replacing, does anyone have experience similar to this or advice? Also is there a genuinely manual method to lower the roof?
Hi Deanobaz,

I have the same issue with my 2018 model since two weeks, I brought it to service and they gave me the easy solution replacing it, with all the cost due to the Mercedes guaranty isn't applied to the camper...

My question is, did you find a solution? Does anyone had the same issue?

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers.

Deanobaz

Hi Steve,
It turned out that the control unit had some water damage specifically affecting the down button, Mercedes sent out an RAC engineer who managed a temporary fix by removing the button and soldering it. Unfortunately that rendered the control unit unusable but at least lowered the roof.
The total cost for a replacement control unit came it about £700.
Good luck

EdP

Hi Steve,
It turned out that the control unit had some water damage specifically affecting the down button, Mercedes sent out an RAC engineer who managed a temporary fix by removing the button and soldering it. Unfortunately that rendered the control unit unusable but at least lowered the roof.
The total cost for a replacement control unit came it about £700.
Good luck
oh! Thank you for the info.

I would love to find the way to fix it myself but sadly isn't so much info about this control unit specifically on internet...