Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpet in the kitchen area

Alan

Do any of you have carpet in your kitchen area?
The yacht floor looks very easily scratched, so I was looking at purchasing the Mercedes tailormade carpets.
Any suggestions appreciated.

BabaJen

If it's the same yacht floor in the Cali then it's virtually bulletproof.

I just have a couple of sheepskin rugs in mine. Easily taken out, shaken off, popped back in again after giving the floor a quick wipe over.

Alan

Hi Baba

I have only had it a couple of days and it’s got a scratch in it, not sure how it had happened either!

WILLH

I have the Brandrup one which despite being quite expensive,is just automotive car mat grade and quite difficult to vacuum the last bits of debris from which drives me mad.I wouldn’t buy again knowing what I know now.

WILLH

It is expensive for what it is.The boot carpet which matches up to the kitchen area is a further 65 Euros!

The only plus side is it fits well and does not have to be removed to make the downstairs bed.

staratio

Do any of you have carpet in your kitchen area?
The yacht floor looks very easily scratched, so I was looking at purchasing the Mercedes tailormade carpets.
Any suggestions appreciated.

I bought a small, rubber-bottomed hall rug from Leroy Merlin that fits between the runners of the rear seat.

The floor scratches easily, so the rug is a life saver. Shake it out in the morning and throw it in the washing machine when it gets too muddy.

Also bought two 1 meter T-shaped plastic floating floor joiners to cover the runners, as it is near impossible to clear out the rocks and debris from them. Work wonderfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThreeBoats

Any tips for cleaning the runners? Mine have already started to collect grime after the first couple of outings. Think I will get a rug to cover while set up, but would like to give them a clean occasionally as the beach sand loves to get in there no matter how much I clean the kids.

Steve B

The rubber inserts look good, from Mercedes at about £10 per metre. I’m going to get some.

Steve B

I’ve not ordered any yet, but will do and let you know. Others on here have reported that they work well, so that was the basis for ordering.

I ordered two from Germany, very expensive for what they are but well worth the money. Spend most of their time in place but very easy to remove and replace when you need to move the seats. Well recommended.

Epigram

A couple of IKEA mats have proved cost effective in protecting the floor and the runners.
Side by side they cover the kitchen area when the seat is back and one can be put on top of the other when the seat is moved forward. I will dig out the unpronounceable name if anyone is interested.
Be careful with the rubber strips. If the seats slam into them they can split. A tape measure is a better way to determine the correct length!

KDM

Check out the carpet in my profile pic. I was concerned with scratches (dog claws are wicked), dogs slipping/sliding and possibly getting their claws caught in the tracks. This rubber backed rug is a perfect fit. Leroy Merlin had the right solution at the right price.

Broadoaker

I bought a small, rubber-bottomed hall rug from Leroy Merlin that fits between the runners of the rear seat.

The floor scratches easily, so the rug is a life saver. Shake it out in the morning and throw it in the washing machine when it gets too muddy.

Also bought two 1 meter T-shaped plastic floating floor joiners to cover the runners, as it is near impossible to clear out the rocks and debris from them. Work wonderfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a link to the T-shaped plastic floating floor joiners that you could share? Thanks.

Epigram

Do you have a link to the T-shaped plastic floating floor joiners that you could share? Thanks.

See thread “Rubber strips now in UK”
From the MB service shop in Germany but you take a hit with postage unless buying other things.

https://mercedes-benz-serviceshop.d...50-9b5d-af90418676cf/Products/A63968409187C45

Also someone suggested this off e-bay which are cheaper. If anyone has tried them, let us know how if they are OK

https://www.koller.co.uk/product/rails-amp-bonded-floors/2/rail-cover-strip-10m-/33/

Cumbrians

We bought the rubber strips - probably the best thing we got for the van. Stuff falling into the seat tracks was really annoying. We also bought an unused Mercedes carpet set on eBay. The carpets are great as we found the dark floor scratched really easily but the downside is the fancy floor level lights no longer look as good.