Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Buying advice - to heat or not to heat...?

Steve B

Steve can I ask?, how effective is the water pre-heater? How long does it run, how many times and roughly what temperature does it reach etc? Thank you in advance
When I remember to switch it on, I ususally give it c20 mins and its warm when i get in. Its just mainly to take the chill off (not 20 deg) when you get in so you don't need a coat on. As soon as the engine starts it takes over but already has heat. My MP is undercover so don't need it to defrost windows.

Grand Tourismo

When I remember to switch it on, I ususally give it c20 mins and its warm when i get in. Its just mainly to take the chill off (not 20 deg) when you get in so you don't need a coat on. As soon as the engine starts it takes over but already has heat. My MP is undercover so don't need it to defrost windows.
OK clear enough, do you know how long the water pre-heater can be active at that ambient temp?

Steve B

It will switch off automatically at 50 mins, and I think you can run it three times before you need to run the engine (to protect the main battery), going off memory for the three times bit. I've only ever run it a couple of times and have switched the warm air heater if needed. My thermal wrap for the roof makes a difference for overnight heat, stops the wind chilling the air in the early spring/late autumn. Seems a long time ago that I have used heating for camping though, July 2020 was the last time out, and it was warm.

Grand Tourismo

It will switch off automatically at 50 mins, and I think you can run it three times before you need to run the engine (to protect the main battery), going off memory for the three times bit. I've only ever run it a couple of times and have switched the warm air heater if needed. My thermal wrap for the roof makes a difference for overnight heat, stops the wind chilling the air in the early spring/late autumn. Seems a long time ago that I have used heating for camping though, July 2020 was the last time out, and it was warm.
Cheers Steve, I think that answers all my questions...thank you for your patience. :Thumbs up::Thumbs up:
(I really like your external cab wrap as shown in your profile pic)