Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bulk import of POI's into command online navigation

Jamboree

I'm going on a long journey
I have a list of 100 GPS locations that would be great to see (I won't see them all but the list allows me to keep moving if I want to).

Is there a way to bulk import them into the command online navigation system?
Like with a CSV type of a file.
The way you'd do with Google maps?

I'm going on a long journey
I have a list of 100 GPS locations that would be great to see (I won't see them all but the list allows me to keep moving if I want to).

Is there a way to bulk import them into the command online navigation system?
Like with a CSV type of a file.
The way you'd do with Google maps?

Nope. And frankly, I wouldn't use the built in Nav unless my phone is on fire. Google Maps / Waze is light years better. The Merc one has done some VERY strange things to me. (Like route me off a perfectly clear M25 only to go back on it on the same junction)

Jamboree

Nope. And frankly, I wouldn't use the built in Nav unless my phone is on fire. Google Maps / Waze is light years better. The Merc one has done some VERY strange things to me. (Like route me off a perfectly clear M25 only to go back on it on the same junction)

YEAH, that's what I expected to hear. To be honest, I'm not sure why mercedes even put this command online unit in the car. I've had a bunch of questions that 1) Merceds couldn't answer and 2) the technology is about 15yrs old. This is my 1st time buying a mercedes and all I can say is --- I'm getting more and more disappointed as I learn more.

YEAH, that's what I expected to hear. To be honest, I'm not sure why mercedes even put this command online unit in the car. I've had a bunch of questions that 1) Merceds couldn't answer and 2) the technology is about 15yrs old. This is my 1st time buying a mercedes and all I can say is --- I'm getting more and more disappointed as I learn more.

The generation of Comand in the MP is, as you say, very old. I had a new E-Class previous to it and that was very very good.

I only use the Merc one as a backup to be honest.

Jamboree

even my dealer, AFTER I purchased the car told me the command online in the MP SUCKS. HIS words, not mine. But then again, my dealer gave me 3 different key's to the car and couldn't tell me what the 3rd key goes to. He said maybe it goes to the SAFE in the car. I'm still looking for the safe.

mptripsaway

personal POI can be loaded into the navigation system from an SD card, how to do it is explained in the nav instructions under command online. I haven't tried it personally but it seems quite straight forward.

Steve B

The sat nav is yesterdays generation but I find it works well enough, I've used the app to find and send the destination and its there when I need it. I have a current generation nav in my audi and it is better (the voice control actually works, I gave up with the older models). As a road atlas user from the past and a first generation sat nav user I'm happy with the current offerings.

I did see on the facebook group that someone had got satellite view, I didn't know command could do that....

RFT

If you mean this pic, it's what you get in a very dense area, in this case London.