Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Brake failure, stuck in Spain....

Rolandaa

Hi, we were driving up in the pyrenees in or 2022 MP when i sensed smoke from the brakes, not too much but still and they were really hot. After a short stop and cooldown we carried on but after a while the handbrake warning lamp started blinking. The manual told us to call Mercedes wich we did. After sime discussion with a mechanic he told us to drive 1 km and check if the brakes got really hot and to get to a service center a.s.a.p. Now we are in a huge Merc Center outside Barcelona and they tell us the brakes are gone and that its not on the garantie...my question is how can this happen on a new car after only 12400 miles. And we were really attentive on the brakes on the slopes...any tips on how we handle this?

Wanabecamperman

Did you persuade Mercedes to replace them under warranty? I suspect you'll do well to get them to do this as the brakes are a replaceable part just like the tyres. Though 12k does seem very low on a 1 year old vehicle, the garage will insist it's down to wear and tear, I imagine.

Hope you get sorted either way and interested to hear how you get on. Good luck.