Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Blistering roof issues on OUT of warranty MP

C

ChrisM

VIP Member
Just bought a 2018 MP and the roof unfortunately has many blisters…..
I’ve read loads of really useful posts on here and apologise if any of these areas have been covered before but just wanted to know answers to my specific questions below.
So before I take up with my local dealer and Mercedes UK (expecting a battle as it’s a 2018 vehicle so well out of its 3 year warranty) I have a few questions
1) Those of you who have successfully claimed for a new roof whilst OUT of warranty - how much hassle was it getting it approved?
2) What is the likelihood of getting the roof replaced and in the process after the dealers work newly introduced consequential faults are the new problems?? Might be worth accepting the blisters for an otherwise perfect roof…
3) What is actually replaced at the time the roof is replaced under warranty - is it just the painted roof top or is it also the whole pop-top canvas etc??

I’m booked in to the local Mercedes dealers next week for a service and wanted to understand the full implications before I tackle the issue.
Thanks in advance for any replies

Steve B

Hi Chris - Not saying don't have a go but I wouldn't hold out much hope of a positive conversation with MB. From memory most were replaced under warranty, and I think a coupe of people had them repainted. I only recall a couple of people who had a second replacement out of warranty as the first replacement failed, but this wasn't consistent. If mine blisters again I'm going to live with it!

C

ChrisM

VIP Member
My other option is to have the roof vinyl-wrapped, maybe in a different colour to remove the visual issue and give it a facelift

K

KevinTaylor

VIP Member
Hi Guys
I have a 2017 MP which I have owned from new and to date have had the roof replaced twice by the main dealer at Milton Keynes.
The latest time being this year and have been assured the original issues have now been rectified.

funkyegg

Hi Guys
I have a 2017 MP which I have owned from new and to date have had the roof replaced twice by the main dealer at Milton Keynes.
The latest time being this year and have been assured the original issues have now been rectified.
Same here - let's see how the new roof will hold up this winter as from experience blisters tend to happen after a frost...