Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bike Rack

James G

Hi Gareth, I've got the MB rear mounted bike rack. Takes 4 bikes and is really well made. Comes off fairly easily. Providing there are no bikes on the rack then the tail gate opens no problem (but you can't open the small/window tailgate unless you remove entirely).
Would recommend

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Really glad to hear you’re pleased with your MB rear mounted James - a lot of MP owners seem to have gone for the towbar option but I am really keen to get the rear mounted.

If you can post any pictures of it up close or give any more info on how it fastens to the van/how it comes on and off and how quickly/easily that would be amazing.

ClaireDe

We've also got the MB rear mounted bike rack. Really like it - carries 4 bikes easily and although you can't open the window, you can open the tailgate when there are no bikes on the rack. It does make you think about what you pack where, as you can't access anything right at the back once the bikes are on. We camped for 2 weeks last summer and didn't find this a problem.
I'm not sure how easily it comes off as we haven't taken it off. You do need to be 'at a height' to take it off as it lifts upwards. It attaches to the hinge of the tailgate. I'll put some pictures below. Hope these help.
upload_2019-2-21_17-43-4.jpeg upload_2019-2-21_17-43-51.jpeg upload_2019-2-21_17-44-34.jpeg upload_2019-2-21_17-46-53.jpeg

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Thanks so much Claire! Really appreciate you taking the time to post these, it’s really helpful. This looks really good and solid. To be honest I think I’ll just leave it on as well. I know you can’t open the split tailgate but I can’t imagine that being a massive problem. And usually whenever we get to camp the bikes are the first thing unloaded anyway because the kids want to tear off while we set up!!