Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Battery charger - B2B?

Ian

I have read in the manual that the leisure battery chargers whilst the vehicle is being driven and I can see plenty of evidence of this through the display panel (increased voltage).

What I am interested in know is whether Mercedes have fitted any special B2B device to increase the speed of charge or whether it is just charged from the alternator? As I understand it a B2B charger ‘tricks’ the alternator into generating increased power. There is a better explanation here: https://www.parkedinparadise.com/b2b-chargers/

Irrespective of the exact setup if anyone knows the charging statistics I would be keen to know. It would help when planning trips away to know if I drive a particular distance a certain amount of power will be fed back into the leisure battery to compensate for the draw down.

JamesWu

Good question, I'd like to know the answer too. I read all the euro 5 euro 6 engines have smart alternator installed, which will not work with a split charger (google split charger will explain more in details), so Marco Polo has to have a B2B charger or sort, I also noticed by driving 40 minutes the battery went up from 60% to 90% (13v).