Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Awning

Our MP did not come with the wind out awning and we are considering having one fitted. Is this easy to do? We’re reluctant to get Mercedes to fit one as we think it will be more expensive than finding a van conversion company.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

caMPike

There are 2 options Thule or Fiamma F45, the original MB awning comes from Thule but Thule doesn’ t sale that type anymore. The issue is with adapters which are designed particulary for MP and these are not cheap. The final price of Fiamma will be very similar as original MB awning.

Steve B

A bit of an add to your thread; I've just ordered the Thule rail blocker side & front for the roll out awning. I looked at drive away awnings but decided on the wind protection for sitting and some cooking was better suited to this (plus it uses the roll out awning). One of my seasoned camper vanning mates does this, so though i would copy with pride. Only two of us use the MP so the extra room wasn't a priority for us.

askho

Would be interested in someone who have an aftermarket awning fitted, as I am considering one myself.

askho

Hi there, our new black Marco Polo came from Mercedes dealership with a silver wind out awning, which we then had replaced with black one. We had Mercedes make the switch so unfortunately I can’t offer advice on how easy it is to install I’m afraid, but we do have the original silver one for sale if interested - more details available at this post: https://www.marcopoloownersclub.com...ed-mb-roll-out-awning-in-silver-for-sale.643/
Best wishes!
Hi, Charlotte.
I remember reading your original post and was very tempted. However, don't remember where I've read it but apparently it is not an easy job to fit the awning, involving drilling the roof. I am not technically minded at all so definitely won't be able to do it myself. I have asked the supply dealer and the sales person said they don't retrofit one. Mind you half the time they don't know what they are talking about. I am going to ask other dealers and see if they will do it. If I find one I will definitely come back to you.
The other thing is, do people with the awning find it OK to go through an automatic car wash.

Nelson400

Hi @askho, I understand your frustration about Mercedes not willing to retrofit items. We have been trying to source extra seat and extra floor rails for table but so far no success with them. They did however make the switch of our silver to black awning as we ordered the black awning via them directly. Perhaps if you at least ordered the fixing brackets from them they would install those. I came across this old brochure online and although it’s out of date, pg13 suggests fixing brackets can be ordered separately. Though expect they would charge a premium for the labour!
https://westfalia-mobil.de/0downloa...8-07-15--Mercedes-Zubehorkatalog_447_engl.pdf

We haven’t yet braved the automatic car wash as we have local car hand wash near by who do a fantastic job inside and out. But very keen to hear stories of others who may have braved it as would be good to know...