Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Auxiliary battery … starter battery or leisure battery

PeterChequers

I noticed in an earlier thread showing pictures of the removal of the auxiliary battery that the battery is a Mercedes branded battery labelled starter. (see picture)

I was always under the impression that the leisure battery should be a battery spec for that purpose.

Has anyone tried swapping to a dedicated leisure battery?

Halfords seem to stock one that is exactly the same dimensions. See second picture

E5147215-77F4-427F-A8C2-AA9E1B068767.jpeg

0C649C80-7AC6-4F7E-A9A5-45FAE361B84C.jpeg

Ragga

I have replaced my leisure battery (Located beneath UK passenger seat). It is identical to the starter motor one, (located beneath UK driver seat). I purchased from MB, price was not much different to Halfords. Takes about 30 mins to swap.

PeterChequers

I have replaced my leisure battery (Located beneath UK passenger seat). It is identical to the starter motor one, (located beneath UK driver seat). I purchased from MB, price was not much different to Halfords. Takes about 30 mins to swap.
Did you swap it over yourself or get the MB dealer to do it?

I vaguely remember reading something somewhere about removing a fuse before disconnecting the old battery

Ragga

I did change it myself. When you pull the cover off the side of the passenger seat, all the fuses will be in front of you.
Refer to

A

alistair-irvine

VIP Member
Really , I was quoted £408