Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

automatic or manual tailgate

duri

Hi.
I`m configurating my new MP 2021. Can somebody who have MP make me advice regarding tail gate and slide door, please?

My first question is regarding tailgate. Which one are you prefer? Automatic or manual? Is any reason have automatic door? (I had MP 2020 for weekend and I`m bit confused from electrical tailgate. I was afraid when I was close to wall or in garage. I think tailgate it too big for safety automatic operation.) What do you think?

Second question is regarding automatic side doors. Are you happy with that? We have two small child (4 and 6). I think it will be helpful feature. I it working well?

Thank you for all advices.

Odoslané z môjho iPhone cez Tapatalk

pumpsmynads

Hi,
I think electric is the only choice. There’s no manual option.
I would think that the problem with space to raise the tailgate would exist on a manual tailgate also. It is large and requires space.
Regarding the side door I think that caution is the only option.

Epigram

The electric door and tailgate have sensors which stop them if they encounter resistance. You can also stop the tailgate part way with the button which you wouldn't be able to do if it were manual because it would travel to its full extent. Against that you can open it accidentally with the key fob.
Opening and closing the rear window is a good reminder, for me at least, of the benefit of electric operation.
Bearing in mind the stored energy and momentum needed to close a heavy side door manually, I would be more worried about little ones getting in the way after I had let go the handle than the effects of an electric door closing slowly with the chime operating.

Steve B

Another benefit of the electric close side door is the lack of noise. My mates VW transporter conversion has a manual door and it closes with a swoosh and bang, not great at night on a camp site if nature calls

staratio

One thing to note, the electric tailgate will not work with a bike rack. We ordered a manual tailgate for this. Electric sliding door is a must, for the reason given above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk