Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone taken delivery yet of 2021 model?

Marc o Polo

Congratulations..... Sorry to hear about your Achilles, TFC - sounds bad, hope you have it up on cushions... and are well supplied with ice creams..

Just thought I'd mention I have no experience of the office app: didn't choose to have that. Was disappointed that there was no spare tyre or jack in my car. Sales Rep advised me "new MPs unfortunately don't have a spare tyre, so no jack." I did check my specification; and no mention of spare or jack.

Chose not to have the additional Navigation option on Mercedes Me because there appeared to be some overlap with what is free anyway for three years, like the Map updates. I really don't know about that one: perhaps someone on here who knows if it is useful could share their thoughts? I think after three years I might review that one, I don't know - still learning.

After a few weeks I ordered the additional services - the ones that indicate tyre pressure and whether your vehicle is locked, open car, windows closed. I actually use those. I even went for stolen vehicle app for three years.. Let's hope that, if it happens, it is effective ...no reason to think otherwise.

The MBAC app on my phone doesn't allow for lifting and closing the roof option - I don't think it is activated in this country, TFC, so only accessible via the cockpit panel. Be great if it does work. Can you advise please: does your MBAC app actually operate it? Or, Is it viewable but disabled? Mine isn't available to operate but is viewable. Just may have moved on since I got my car.

I had fun and games trying to find towbar, when the car was delivered - still not put it on, as not needed yet. Actually, thinking about it, I'd better just try it sometime.

Edit: my phone does not show pop-up roof and is therefore not viewable, as I stated above (I thought from memory it was viewable, but with that functionality disabled - should have actually checked my phone. Can only surmise I've been watching too many MP videos showing people using their phones to operate pop-top.

Last edited:

The fat controller

Thanks for confirming on the spare. I guess I'll get used to the idea but at the moment it seems like a real shame not to have that redundancy. Maybe I'll look in to a can of gunk.

I haven't opted for any of the additional services via MMe as yet, I was thinking about the tracker but it seemed to say it could easily be disabled from the vehicle so I guess what I was thinking of would come under the stolen vehicle recovery. The map update was included for 3 years but TBH I'll likely use Google maps. I ticked the smartphone integration option and that seems to work well on first look.

I can confirm though that I have successfully opened and closed the roof from my phone... For what it's worth!

pumpsmynads

Thanks for confirming on the spare. I guess I'll get used to the idea but at the moment it seems like a real shame not to have that redundancy. Maybe I'll look in to a can of gunk.

I haven't opted for any of the additional services via MMe as yet, I was thinking about the tracker but it seemed to say it could easily be disabled from the vehicle so I guess what I was thinking of would come under the stolen vehicle recovery. The map update was included for 3 years but TBH I'll likely use Google maps. I ticked the smartphone integration option and that seems to work well on first look.

I can confirm though that I have successfully opened and closed the roof from my phone... For what it's worth!
Did you have to pay anything extra for the features to raise roof or open windows etc.?

Marc o Polo

TFC
It's worth a lot! Mainly because I haven't got it on my App! Not there at all, not even greyed out. But I'll double check things. It might just be me.....Many thanks for your helpful reply..

Just thinking in regards to the tyre, I'm not sure about going through the expense of any tyre (spare or gunk) thinking of using the free Assist button.

A person turns up promptly and he wears a jacket that says Mercedes (or something like that). Cuts down carrying in your car more than you have to! I've embarrassingly had him out (red faced) for a flat battery about a week after having my car, explained it was my fault and they were wonderful, keen to assist.

A lot of folk use Google Maps, but after about 2 months (like me) I love the Sat Nav. I've taken a road I wished I hadn't and said Hey Mercedes re route to X and it does it. I really like the updated satnav in the car - I'm converted. It is really good and I'm still exploring.

Liven

I finally got my car delivered today! After they bend the awning and replaced with a new one... My car is blue with black seat , same colour as my c250, by the way i can also operate the pop up by mbac.
So excited to try it out this Saturday for a two day trip!

Congratulations!!
I’m confused as to why some people can operate the roof via the app and some can’t, anyone any ideas? Doesn’t show on mine as an option

DPS20K

What phone have you got? I’m wondering whether it’s an android vs iOS issue. My iPhone does not allow control of the roof. Also, can you operate the roof from your phone without having to set the ignition switch to position 2?

Marc o Polo

Hi DPS20K, I am in the same position as you: as you know, I have an Android.

I am very confused, OxfordPaul. I don't have the option for popping roof via the MBAC app on my phone, either. On a much earlier thread I asked the question, too - general consensus then was that it is not available on the phone MBAC, but only in the car 's cockpit MBAC.

Hi, Liven, Congratulations on the new MP- love the colour, too. Could I just ask: Can you operate the pop-up roof via MBAC on your phone -is that what you meant? Or did you mean from the car's Mbux?

DE31329A-374D-407B-A5D3-6C78A249E977.pngI
What phone have you got? I’m wondering whether it’s an android vs iOS issue. My iPhone does not allow control of the roof. Also, can you operate the roof from your phone without having to set the ignition switch to position 2?
I have iPhone and can’t operate the roof at all from it, there is no option in the app? Regardless of the ignition switch position.

Marc o Polo

OxfordPaul's screen is the same as mine. It would be really helpful to see an image of what options are visible on TFC's phone (or anyone else's if they have the pop-up roof option accessible) to allow us to press the matter with MB.

Liven

Congratulations!!
I’m confused as to why some people can operate the roof via the app and some can’t, anyone any ideas? Doesn’t show on mine as an option

Hi DPS20K, I am in the same position as you: as you know, I have an Android.

I am very confused, OxfordPaul. I don't have the option for popping roof via the MBAC app on my phone, either. On a much earlier thread I asked the question, too - general consensus then was that it is not available on the phone MBAC, but only in the car 's cockpit MBAC.

Hi, Liven, Congratulations on the new MP- love the colour, too. Could I just ask: Can you operate the pop-up roof via MBAC on your phone -is that what you meant? Or did you mean from the car's Mbux?
Hi i did it on my phone, attached screenshot, I'm using Android phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720_222034_com.daimler.mbac.ece.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_222034_com.daimler.mbac.ece.android.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20210720_222029_com.daimler.mbac.ece.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720_222029_com.daimler.mbac.ece.android.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 23

Liven

Hi, it has to switch to position 2 to operate on phone.

ANR

I have a new MP, I have tried ignition position 2 and still no option to open the roof on the app.

Looking at the screenshots posted @oxfordpaul I see you are achieving a 100% charge level, mine doesn't seem to go higher than around 80%. Might be an issue with my battery.

A couple of other questions, when you recline the lower seats to a bed, does it carry on making the motor sound for around 20 seconds after fully flat? And do you have the clips for top roof reading lights? Thanks

My battery didn’t fully charge for the first couple of weeks. I’ve done over 1,000 miles now and camped in it for around 15 nights mostly on electric hookup and that seems to have sorted it.
Yes the pump goes after flattening the seats to deflate the airbags apparently so this is correct.
Not sure I have any clips for the reading lights?
No joy with the roof operation from iPhone app.

pumpsmynads

I finally got my car delivered today! After they bend the awning and replaced with a new one... My car is blue with black seat , same colour as my c250, by the way i can also operate the pop up by mbac.
So excited to try it out this Saturday for a two day trip!
Did u have to buy this option or was it enabled when u registered?
I don’t have this option and the app shows ‘incomplete configuration’. I rang Mercedes and they said that these features should be enabled and included for 3 years by the dealer when purchased. Mine appears to not have done this so the ball is now in Tony’s court to take up with his admin team to resolve. The man at Mercedes did suggest that the only option would be to buy these services (approx £70) And the dealer will cover. But will see what happens.

Liven

Did u have to buy this option or was it enabled when u registered?
I don’t have this option and the app shows ‘incomplete configuration’. I rang Mercedes and they said that these features should be enabled and included for 3 years by the dealer when purchased. Mine appears to not have done this so the ball is now in Tony’s court to take up with his admin team to resolve. The man at Mercedes did suggest that the only option would be to buy these services (approx £70) And the dealer will cover. But will see what happens.
i didn't pay anything~

Chris

Have spent the last 10 days reading, investigating and trying stuff out.
V300d drives beautifully and is very nippy!
My (Android) phone doesn't show the popup roof in MBAC. Since you can only bluetooth connect with ignition on, seems a bit pointless having the phone app anyway!
I have no spare wheel and no tools in the compartment in the boot.
Anyone managed to get Traffic Sign Assist working? I love it in my Jaguar FPace, but not sure it's available for Marco Polo.
Next trip we'll see if Active Parking Assist works......

Chris

Just looked at my tyres - Continental Premium Contact6, which are run flat tyres, so good weight saving with no spare on board.