Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone taken delivery yet of 2021 model?

P

Phil Melville

VIP Member
I see that some of you are talking about the % of the state of your leisure battery. Where or how are you getting that information as I couldn’t find it on my control panel.
When plugged in to the mains I get a bar graph going from one to ten to indicate that the battery is charging.
If I unplug the graph remains steady ( at the moment on 9) and the battery shows 12.6 v but no % reading that I can find.
Thanks in advance.
Auxiliary battery shows on the vehicle info on the dashboard screen where you find water info. Shows various charging info and % of charge in the battery.

P

Phil Melville

VIP Member
phil, just wondered if you improved on 81%, got a hook up cable today, so will probably plug mains in and see if my leisure battery goes higher.
Left ours plugged in overnight and it got to 86% - very very slow. Still plugged in now so let’s wait and see.

Having mine delivered next week. 2021 300d AMG Line. Really looking forward to it. First i've had of this type of vehicle and cant wait to see what its like. They look so nice and anyone i speak to who has a MP cant say a bad word about them :) Now just trying to find somewhere with the 907 gas bottles!
Hi Jeremy.
Saw your mail. I have a new 300d AMG Line ordered since early June. How long did you have to wait for delivery? Like you I cannot find any 907 gas for my current pre owned, recently purchased, M P long Line Sport. I live in Devon and have had no luck so far. I f I find a source I'll let you know.

Never thought about gas shortage? Ours comes next week too. Just been to local supplier and they had two bottles. One now I have one… Didcot gas supplies if that’s not too far for you.

WillC

I managed to get a 907 empty gas bottle from Halfords, then took the empty bottle to Go Outdoors and they filled it up.

pumpsmynads

Mine came today. Initial thoughts are very good. I’ll update more when I get the chance. Paid the lower tax. Got my insurance from the usual places. They provided about 80 quotes so everywhere insures it.

Can I ask which dealer you bought from? Maybe they can help MBRG group to sort out the tax using AFRL? Glad you like it. Just been sent a video of ours so at least unknown it’s real and it looks fantastic. Also I just did an insurance quote using compare the market. Performance Direct came up good but it has to be classed as a motor caravan for the policy to be valid. Who did you use?

pumpsmynads

Can I ask which dealer you bought from? Maybe they can help MBRG group to sort out the tax using AFRL? Glad you like it. Just been sent a video of ours so at least unknown it’s real and it looks fantastic. Also I just did an insurance quote using compare the market. Performance Direct came up good but it has to be classed as a motor caravan for the policy to be valid. Who did you use?
Wolverhampton via drive the deal. The ubiquitous Tony was great. After many months of radio silence (not really needed for 7 months or so - so fair enough) this last month he was prompt and had everything sorted on time. I did reach out to him about 4 weeks ago and mentioned the tax issues and he said that they’d had one that went via the wrong categorisation but that they fixed this and every one since was correct. And it was. I paid £1500(ish) less than quoted and I won’t pay the extra (over £40k car tax next year).

Edit to add; I got my insurance from Aviva. Used topcashback for £40 cash back.

Quick pop quiz. Anyone know what these are for? I’m sure the metal spikes are tent pegs for the awning.

Attachments

• 5601A648-DCBB-4BD6-BB20-E5EB8034219C.jpeg
    5601A648-DCBB-4BD6-BB20-E5EB8034219C.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15

Grand Tourismo

Wolverhampton via drive the deal. The ubiquitous Tony was great. After many months of radio silence (not really needed for 7 months or so - so fair enough) this last month he was prompt and had everything sorted on time. I did reach out to him about 4 weeks ago and mentioned the tax issues and he said that they’d had one that went via the wrong categorisation but that they fixed this and every one since was correct. And it was. I paid £1500(ish) less than quoted and I won’t pay the extra (over £40k car tax next year).

Quick pop quiz. Anyone know what these are for? I’m sure the metal spikes are tent pegs for the awning.
The little rings mount into the floor rail to act as tie down points (for the children :D
The plastic spatula thing I think is the back seat removal tool
The pegs are for pinning down the awning
And the plastic plastic thing with the hole in the middle is, I am guessing, exactly what SBD is looking for to blank of the awning plate when not in use.

Congratulations on your new car, they are such great fun vehicles I am sure you will have many happy travels :Thumbs up:

The fat controller

Congrats on the new arrival (can't help but note its about 9 months in the making...!)

Yes I've been in touch with Tony lately and he's reassured me that he's dealt with a couple recently and the taxation has all been ironed out - at least via Wolverhampton. I guess it's a learning curve for all the dealers.

Enjoy!!

Liven

Hello
My car is due to arrive 20th July via Tony, may i ask how long do you take delivery from Tony’s estimate arrive date?

Liven

The fat controller

Great news from tony, my car is confirmed to be delivery on 15th July, also 5 days earlier than estimate date, I'm sure they sorted the tax issue, well done DTD!
Hi liven can I ask is that delivery to your or the dealer? And if the latter do you know the earliest you are able to get your hands on it?

Due to my circumstances suddenly every day matters as I am temporarily restricted to driving an automatic through injury and was planning a week away shortly after my expected delivery date!

Any info much appreciated :Thumbs up:

Liven

Hi liven can I ask is that delivery to your or the dealer? And if the latter do you know the earliest you are able to get your hands on it?

Due to my circumstances suddenly every day matters as I am temporarily restricted to driving an automatic through injury and was planning a week away shortly after my expected delivery date!

Any info much appreciated :Thumbs up:
Hi it's the date deliver to me, so whatever the date tony give you, you can expect it on time or earlier to deliver to your home.

V

Vickim

VIP Member
We got ours four weeks ago - no basket in fridge but we have bought one. The dashboard technology is very good.
Hi Phil, wondered if you can help. We also want to order a MP. Can I ask:
Did you order from Mercedes, if so - which one? Is it registered (V5C) as a car or camper van, ie did you have to pay £1910 road tax.
Would really appreciate your views. Hope you are pleased with it! Many thanks

P

Phil Melville

VIP Member
Hi Phil, wondered if you can help. We also want to order a MP. Can I ask:
Did you order from Mercedes, if so - which one? Is it registered (V5C) as a car or camper van, ie did you have to pay £1910 road tax.
Would really appreciate your views. Hope you are pleased with it! Many thanks
Hi, we bought ours from the Mercedes website and it came from Grimsby. I have to say that my experience is that Mercedes UK know very little about the Marco Polo and are less than helpful if you want official Westfalia accessories. But the van is amazing and we have had lots of fun in a few short trips.

Marc o Polo

Hi, Vickim,

Just noticed your question to Phil. From my experience when I purchased a new car recently.

All MB dealers have received notification from management that when they (the dealership) register the vehicle with DVLC they input Motor caravan and PLG. You will see they pay the first year tax (from memory about £280). The vehicle doesn't qualify for the higher tax in subsequent years. This does not apply to "Horizon" model of Marco Polos. I think it was clarified in April 2021. Recently observed from this site dealers having sold MPs are tending to do this all over the country. Observed also that some on here have just received their vehicles and all gone quiet having raised this issue in other posts. Can only surmise all is well. Anyway knowledge is power and I hope this puts your mind at ease. So when you choose your MP just have that conversation for clarification and peace of mind.