Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone in Glasgow Area for a quick tutorial?

Hugh Rogers

Hi all,

Just picked up my New Marco Polo today....Already loving it.
A few things i'm not too sure about... there seems to be a constant electrical hum coming form the rear of the vehicle and the control panel for the heater, roof etc has a flashing warning light showing, which I cant figure out why. Dealer today was no help and didn't have a clue about this vehicle today.

Any ideas or tips, or is their anyone else here on the forum near Glasgow that would be willing to give me a quick tour???

Thanks all in advance... :)

mptripsaway

Hi all,

Just picked up my New Marco Polo today....Already loving it.
A few things i'm not too sure about... there seems to be a constant electrical hum coming form the rear of the vehicle and the control panel for the heater, roof etc has a flashing warning light showing, which I cant figure out why. Dealer today was no help and didn't have a clue about this vehicle today.

Any ideas or tips, or is their anyone else here on the forum near Glasgow that would be willing to give me a quick tour???

Thanks all in advance... :)
Check the tap is off, from your description it sounds like the water pump may be running.

As for the flashing alarm, if it is a little triangle in bottom left corner of the control panel display it relates to any one of the functions controlled from there. If you scroll through each one you will be able to identify it, in my experience it could well be the "fresh water tank low level alarm" if you acknowledge it it should stop flashing.

Last edited:

Hugh Rogers

Well done.....that's what it was....I hope the pump hasn't been damaged....Who knows how long that has been turned on for.... Thanks a lot for that.... Just need to figure out what that warning light is now

mptripsaway

Thanks again...I will go and check through the menu... to see....
Great site :)

It is a microswitch in the tap handle that tells the pump to run and it only needs to move a minute amount for that to happen. I found that putting a small elastic band around the tap and the handle to make sure it stays shut works for me.

Hugh Rogers

Yes I will log a complaint for that. Do you think the pump may be damaged? As far as ai can see there has never been any water in the tanks?

BabaJen

Yes I will log a complaint for that. Do you think the pump may be damaged? As far as ai can see there has never been any water in the tanks?

Running a pump dry is not good.

If it works ok now then it is unlikely to be damaged. Normally seizure of the pump is THE damage and when that happens it will not work at all.

However, if it was delivered and handed over with the tap open then worth complaining about. They may say it's a user issue, same as tapping the canvas in the roof mechanism etc.... but you will have at least logged a report that it was handed over in a less than perfect state.

Steve B

Mine had the tap open, but luckily I spotted it within a short time. Like the elastic band idea, will do that.