Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Anyone have any plans for this summer ?

Deckard

So, what plans have you got for this summer ?

We hope to do much more than last year. So far just the one booking - https://www.beachside.co.uk/ in early August, with my Daughter, son in law and 4 Grandkids. We had a few days there last year and it's pretty good site - right by the beach. Might also try and combine some 'camping' with away trips to watch Hampshire play (cricket) - thereby combining two pof my favourite activities.

Have been looking on the IOS app 'Campercontact' - big range of sites on there - and it also gives lots of 'overnight' options many of which are free - such as in Pub car parks.

D

DogWagen

VIP Member
If all goes to plan...A few days in the Isle of Wight (Windmill Campsite) in late May and hopefully a run up to Yorkshire/Northumberland in August, both with family. Plus a series of weekends away at UK Dinghy Open Meetings from April through to November and a trip to Carnac, France, for the Europeans. All I need is some sun and a breeze!

Just had a look at CamperContact - looks promising - thanks @Deckard !

Hoping to have my fridge sensor replaced by the summer! In Tenerife until April after a nice trip down through France and Spain in the MP.
Park4night is another useful app

Webbah

Park4Night fan here too! I'll be heading to the south of France to surf in Biarritz the first week of August, and then heading to Portugal to Peniche for a week of surfing there. Can't wait!

Steve B

No plans yet but definitely intend to get more use this year, we have had so much forced restriction; then often the weather hasn't been great and then the availability good of sites was an issue. Here's to a warm, dry, calm spring/summer!

Deckard

Great to see people are planning to be busy campers this year - really looking forward to the summer - hope the weather is better than last year, we're 'fair weather camper' but we're determined not to let weather put us off. We've got a cruise booked for early April so, when we get back, Summer should just about have started and we can start hitting the road. Luckily we have the New Forest and the South coast right on our doorstep - so we're really spolit for choice for places to go 'at the drop of a hat'.

Park4night looks really useful - thanks

Rayo

We are going to take Marco to the Highlands of Scotland in April via Belfast starting from Cork. Can't wait . Hoping to do the coastal 500 route, just waiting on a decent high pressure , if there is such a phenomen in Scotland? Any tips welcome

Deckard

We are going to take Marco to the Highlands of Scotland in April via Belfast starting from Cork. Can't wait . Hoping to do the coastal 500 route, just waiting on a decent high pressure , if there is such a phenomen in Scotland? Any tips welcome

I'd like to do a Scottish trip - but not in April - it'll be a mite chilly up there.

Epigram

Spontaneous trip around the Scottish Western Isles in the spring before mossies wake up and dependent on the weather forcast. Then French Alps for the Tour de France.
Don’t mind the cold, been happy at minus 10 at night but my MP is a rain magnet and is permanently available for drought relief. Sun lovers best avoid me !

Marc o Polo

Hey, Rayo, Welcome to the site, am hoping to do the West of Ireland later this year. Deckard mentioned the weather in Scotland in April, well it could be freezing.. Much warmer in the south of England. But Scotland is lovely.. Don't hesitate to post if you need anything..

LMAShton

Took mine on a 3 day whistle stop run around my favourite parts of Devon and Cornwall in February.. brisk and wet but still loved it. I must say that the van is well insulated and I didn't get cold at night (in my sleeping bag).
Am planning to go to the Cotswolds this July for a week with my daughter..

Deckard

Took mine on a 3 day whistle stop run around my favourite parts of Devon and Cornwall in February.. brisk and wet but still loved it. I must say that the van is well insulated and I didn't get cold at night (in my sleeping bag).
Am planning to go to the Cotswolds this July for a week with my daughter..
Cotswolds is great place for a holiday, and less than 2 hours drive for us. We hired a large house there, in the Water Park, last year for family holiday - had a fantastic time. I never reailsed there were so many lakes in the area. And Bourton on the Water is a lovely little town. You'll have a brilliant time.