Looking to buy or sell a Marco Polo? You can now advertise from just £9.99 Click Here

Air conditioning pipes not available anywhere

Trevsears

Member
The air-conditioning suddenly stopped working a few weeks back in southern France.
I called in to a dealer in Bergerac to get it on the computer and they said it was the pressure valve.
So last week I put the car in to an independent garage near me in central France and it turns out there are leaks in both the rear pipes, just at the point where the brackets are fixed.

This probably also explains the intermittent vibration noise from under the car at 1200 rpm which I’ve had for 6 months or so.

However, my garage cannot find the replacement parts anywhere, not in France, Germany nor the UK.
They are on back order with no planned availability date.
It could be months apparently.

Has anyone else had this problem with the pipes? I heard that pipe corrosion is quite common in the Vito, but it’s hugely disappointing on a car that’s only 6 years old.

Even more disappointing is the lack of spare parts. These vans are almost unusable in the summer without air conditioning.

Anyone out there who might know where I can find these rear pipes, either original Mercedes or aftermarket (they’re just pipes ).

Trevor

708f795e-cc5d-44e6-a227-2b0bf57c142e.jpeg
 
Had mine replaced a few montage ago in Denmark. No problem with spares. Do not know if this helps you though. Einar hessel has a spareparts division you could e-mail them?
 
Thanks Torben, good to know that there are some parts around.
I will ask at my main dealer when I am back home in Belgium in 2 weeks. In the meantime I’m praying for winter to come early.
 

Marco Polo Club

Back
Top