Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adblue consumption

Epigram

Hi all
Can a few of you tell me what your adblue consumption is please?
I have looked on the threads but can’t see anything specific except some comments that it is high.

Epigram

Hi Patas.
Thanks for your reply.
The size of the adblue tank varies. Do you have an air heater fitted ?

Last edited:

patas

Correct!! My car is marcopolo activity sport with small tank

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X mediante Tapatalk

Epigram

Thanks. 7.5 litre to refill after 3000 km feels high but I don’t know if the tank was full at the start. Next fill will tell.

Last edited:

patas

This morning I have refill addblue from a can. I have refilled + or - 10 litres, like half tank if the van. With this I Will drive 5000km more or less

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X mediante Tapatalk

Martin

I reckon I've added about 2 complete refills in 32000 km done but it depends on how much was in originally. So I'd say 10-15k km per complete refill, although since the warning comes on when it is half full you end up topping up every 5-7k km.

Anyone know why the warning comes on so early? I guess one could be travelling extensively in a part of the world lacking adblue?

caMPike

I had more then third of adblue in tank (larger volume 24l) when left on holidays, expected Route plan up to 3k km. The warning appeared shortly after 500km when 1/3 tank indicated. I ignored the warning untill time when general warning for refill became more precise saying that system will switch off after 756km. Roughly: first general warning came 1500km before limit when engine wouldn’t start no more.
Refill process: adblue tank was at 1/4 (6l) nothing has changed after refill of 5l can, the warning disappeared after second 5l can.
It was my first adblue refill in MP, according to my calc: 1l adblue for 600km / engine 250D, 4MATIC

Method7

The first time we had to top up I purchased 10L. Spilt it all down the side of the van had to wash it off, the second time I had to top up I did exactly the same..

The 10L can still has about 300ml in it which will probably be rock hard by now. We have done about 5000miles on 9.7L and there is still more to go before the warning comes on. I don’t think that too bad although I’m still very confused to how squirting urine into your exhaust can actually reduce emissions.

In time we’ll probably find out that all that urea has turned into ammonia and we have another disaster to deal with.