Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

accident

Colman

who specializes in repairs as the normal repair people through the insurance company cannot do the work and insist i find the special repair people, any help would be appreciated

RFT

What is the damage? Have you spoken to MB? MB have authorised bodyshops around the country, they are the ones that do the warranty work too, replacement roofs etc.. Unless the campervan fitments require replacement or simply removal and refitting I would have thought anyone could do the work.

SteveR

who specializes in repairs as the normal repair people through the insurance company cannot do the work and insist i find the special repair people, any help would be appreciated
Hello, and welcome
As RFT says, seek an MB approved bodyshop out and get their views. It would help to know what damage there is, and if it's van damage e.g. front wing, or conversion parts, e.g. roof. It would also help to know what vehicle??

Colman

What is the damage? Have you spoken to MB? MB have authorised bodyshops around the country, they are the ones that do the warranty work too, replacement roofs etc.. Unless the campervan fitments require replacement or simply removal and refitting I would have thought anyone could do the work.
The damage is to the large panel behind the passenger door, it has gone in quite a bit, although it was a slow impact as i scraped it along a low wall.

Colman

The damage is to the large panel behind the passenger front door, i have contacted a merc workshop and sent photos but i await their response.

RFT

Nothing MPish there but you're probably better off with a MB bodyshop anyway.

Colman

Yep agreed. Any competent bodyshop could do that but I would go for an MB approved one, especially if still under warranty
Hi Steve, thanks for the reply, i have the engineer now from Direct line coming out to inspect the damage and MB bodyshop are coming back to me, the car is only 8 weeks old