Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

A few questions on 2018 MP camper

R

Rodders

VIP Member
Hi there just got my 2018 MP camper and have a couple of questions I hope you can help with. it has remote water heater and remote heater but they have only given me one remote and the Mercedes dealer is isles on this vehicle. Any ideas on how to work this and should I have two remotes.

Also has anyone wrapped the awning to the colour of the van and if so who did they use and how much did it cost.

last question as it is going back to dealer on Monday as when you go over bumps there is squeezing noise coming from the near side behind the seat. Has anyone had same noise and if so was it cured.

thank you for your help and as new owner I expect I will be asking more than answering but as I get to know the vehicle I can be more helpful

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Hi Rodders,

I have a 2017 MP with the Auxiliary Overnight Diesel Heater. I have one remote control. Re the remote water heater - I have never heard of an MP having hot water to the sink as a Mercedes option. You may be able to do this with an aftermarket option though. You probably need to check with MB or give more details on the forum re the water heater.

Hope this helps.

KR

Andy B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rodders

VIP Member
Hi Rodders,

I have a 2017 MP with the Auxiliary Overnight Diesel Heater. I have one remote control. Re the remote water heater - I have never heard of an MP having hot water to the sink as a Mercedes option. You may be able to do this with an aftermarket option though. You probably need to check with MB or give more details on the forum re the water heater.

Hope this helps.

KR

Andy B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Andy more reading and now I know it does not heat water in van

Gazthediver

Hi there just got my 2018 MP camper and have a couple of questions I hope you can help with. it has remote water heater and remote heater but they have only given me one remote and the Mercedes dealer is isles on this vehicle. Any ideas on how to work this and should I have two remotes.

Also has anyone wrapped the awning to the colour of the van and if so who did they use and how much did it cost.

last question as it is going back to dealer on Monday as when you go over bumps there is squeezing noise coming from the near side behind the seat. Has anyone had same noise and if so was it cured.

thank you for your help and as new owner I expect I will be asking more than answering but as I get to know the vehicle I can be more helpful
Regarding the heater remotes this is a difficult one it will all depend on if they are factory fitted heaters or added on after the vehicle has left the dealers , my MP was fitted with the water heater with remote from factory it heater the engine coolant and intern heats the cab for a max of 50 mins , it’s meant for cold country’s and to be honest not really needed for the uk , now the other air heater that can be fitted is meant to run all night to keep you warm and depending who fitted it will depend on if it has a remote, as for the awning some people have had them wrapped but I think by the time you get it wrapped you may as well sell it a buy a one that matches

Epigram

Hi Rodders
I have the factory fitted air heater. It has a remote and a couple LEDs and buttons on it to turn it on or off. I can’t remember seeing instructions for it and it is a suck it and see approach to make it work especially as there is a lag between going on and off.
The water heaters heat the engine coolant. Good for getting diesels started and up to operating temperature in cold climates and for coming back to a warm vehicle without waiting for the engine to warm up. There has been a lot of confusion between the two types of heater with the early V Class MPs in UK. All well documented on this forum if you do searches. Only the air heater is available on the facelift model.
Others will confirm, but there should be a remote for this water heater. Therefore, if you have factory fitted heaters (air and water) you should have two remotes.

Regarding the squeak on your driver’s seat; be persistent. My passenger seat squeaked but only when someone was sitting in it so it was not discovered immediately.
It took three return visits over several months to resolve, by which time I think everything had been replaced !

Judging from the posts on this forum, awnings are difficult to get off. Someone suggested the bolts have been put on with thread sealant. My suggestion would be to ask the dealer to remove it for you and give him the problem. I think you will find one or two posts from people who have had the awnings wrapped. From memory it’s not cheap.
Good luck.