Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

220 D Marco Polo sport

Arthur B

[To help you get a feel for what’s what there are plenty of guides/ tours on YouTube - some better than others. Also download the Mercedes V Class / Marco Polo Guide/ operator‘s manual and configurator.]
In the UK Marco Polo campervans i.e. with kitchen, sink, wardrobe etc., have the shower outlet. Don’t get too excited though it’s a cold water outlet for connecting to a flexible spray nozzle - see MP accessories. In cold climes UK good for washing boots, dog etc unless you are really hardy!
The Horizons have three rear bench seat/ bed and no kitchen / sink or shower outlet.

What would be nice is to have an MP Horizon (i.e. no kitchen wardrobe etc) with double as opposed to triple rear seat so that you could fit in skis or surf board down the side.
Mercedes are missing a trick.
I would be interested to know if the campervan double rear seat could fit in the Horizon.
I would not have known about the cold water shower if you had not told me, I will take your advice on the youtube vids, maybe then I'll stop asking daft questions, thank you.

Method7

I would imagine there are all sorts of health risks attributed to the storage of warm water and I would imagine that most heated water systems in this situation are heated on demand. Water should be stored below 20° or above 60° otherwise risks include legionella bacteria.

I guess this is why you should not only drain your tanks but also regularly flush drains and taps. I use a mobi portable shower / jet wash that carries enough water to wash two or more bikes and their riders.. you can fill it with hot water cover with towels, and it’s usually still quite pleasant when needed.

I guess you could do similar with the MP tank.

Epigram

I would not have known about the cold water shower if you had not told me, I will take your advice on the youtube vids, maybe then I'll stop asking daft questions, thank you.
Don’t worry about the questions, ArthurB, that’s how you find out. It also prompts other ideas, for example Method7’s suggestion to put warm water in the pressure washer. I am not sure how my wife will take to being pressure washed though, hot or cold!
Oh dear off thread again :)

Arthur B

Don’t worry about the questions, ArthurB, that’s how you find out. It also prompts other ideas, for example Method7’s suggestion to put warm water in the pressure washer. I am not sure how my wife will take to being pressure washed though, hot or cold!
Oh dear off thread again :)
I take it that there is no warm/hot water in the sink tap either

Method7

I think you should fill the water tank with schnapps, vodka, Absinthe or whiskey depending on your target location obviously.

It’s anti bacterial and has a very low freezing point, problem solved.

Arthur B

I think you should fill the water tank with schnapps, vodka, Absinthe or whiskey depending on your target location obviously.

Definitely single malt, maybe a 15 year old dalmore

Epigram

Skiing atm so I’ll settle for schnapps or genepi. Might have to resolve the gas (butane/propane) issue (separate thread) to prepare the gluwein/vin chaude if the weather gets too cold.