Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

2018 MP Command GPS - speedlimit does not match Waze speedlimit

Jamboree

I have a 2018 MP that has the Command GPS system installed.

I typically use my personal phone and WAZE to navigate with.
HOWEVER I leave the navigation screen on the Command screen.

About 40% of the time the speed limits are not consistent.
For example:
The command screen says I should drive 130km when waze says 100

Does anyone else have this problem?
Does anyone know who makes the command GPS so I can contact them

OH -- I've had my MP serviced in the past few months and brought this to the dealers attentions and they looked at me like I was crazy.
Since then, on occasion - i've been taking photo's of the different speed's indicated (the MP / Waze).

Steve B

It should have speed limit sign recognition, mine is excellent as it picks up temporary speed limits for road works etc

Jamboree

It should have speed limit sign recognition, mine is excellent as it picks up temporary speed limits for road works etc
YES - mine has that as well. This works often, however sometimes it does not "turn off". For example, I enter a construction zone at let's say 50km/h, the system notices this and tells me to go 50km/h. Then I exit the construction zone and everyone returns to 100+ and my system continues to tell me 50km/h. I know I shouldn't expect it to work 100% of the time, but I'm averaging about 50% -- and that's pretty low.

Steve B

Perhaps its the adherence to placing the end of speed limit signs, looks like your in continental Europe, its not bad in the UK even in roadworks

Jamboree

so- does anyone know who created the speed/gps/map routing for this vehicle. I've started to take pictures of the inconsistent speed notifications. At one point the unit had NO speed on the screen -- NONE. my waze said it was 140 but the car's navigation had NO speed.