Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

1st night out

Steve B

Even though we have had a MP a while now, tonight will be the first time using it properly other than day use. I'm sure the heater will be in use despite the sunny weather. Pub dinner so no cooking tonight, but should get the awning in use. Looking forward to it.....

Should be good mate enjoy it ! I did my first night last night, wild camping at edale in the peak district close to where I live,I thought I'd give it a trial run to see what I could learn from it,it got cold aswell about-1 I slept up top too , take your normal pillows I didn't and my head was aching from a change in pillow

rovimor

rovimor

VIP Member
Using your normal pillows helps make the upstairs surprisingly comfortable! The only pain is trying not to knock them back down onto the seats below. I know I could rig up the net to stop that but then it becomes more of a faff getting up and down to/from the bed. Does anybody else bother with this?

No I didn't bother but I didn't lose the pillow either although I was expecting too where do you store your quilt or sleeping bag ?​

rovimor

rovimor

VIP Member
Still sorting ourselves out. If we are not moving the MP then we just push up the bed and leave the roof up (not had any wind issues yet) otherwise just leave the bed sheet in place and lower the roof and roll up the bedding to go behind the seats. But we haven’t done any long trips yet so just need to think about it a bit more.

Yeah me too only had the van 8 weeks or so , and new to camper ownership I've just bought a 33 ltr really useful box and a 13.5 tog just fits in ,the box slides under the chair carrier at the back I bought one as a test and now I planning on another so there 'll be two side by side that slide out from underneath seems about all I could do without removal of the chair set

Steve B

Couldn't have picked better weather, but the frost in the morning reminded us of the fact that its still not summer yet! The top bed was definitely colder than the main cabin, and the air heater did its job but the top remained cold - no unsurprising based on other comments on this forum. Still, a good nights sleep as the mattress was very comfortable. A simple 1st outing, but the MP was fine. Went with seasoned campers as you can see by the pic.
yarwell 29 march 19 v2.jpg

Steve B

Using your normal pillows helps make the upstairs surprisingly comfortable! The only pain is trying not to knock them back down onto the seats below. I know I could rig up the net to stop that but then it becomes more of a faff getting up and down to/from the bed. Does anybody else bother with this?
We didn't use the net, and no pillows were harmed during the night through falling:) Used normal memory foam pillows which were great.

BabaJen

I put my downstairs seat cushions under the mattress up top. Right on the edge. It jacks up the mattress a bit and helps keep the pillows from being knocked off the edge. Anything will do, you only need to raise the edge a little bit, it also helps give a little bit more "pillow".

rovimor

rovimor

VIP Member
I put my downstairs seat cushions under the mattress up top. Right on the edge. It jacks up the mattress a bit and helps keep the pillows from being knocked off the edge. Anything will do, you only need to raise the edge a little bit, it also helps give a little bit more "pillow".

Good idea - I think I will try a towel or small bit of foam under the front edge.

Couldn't have picked better weather, but the frost in the morning reminded us of the fact that its still not summer yet! The top bed was definitely colder than the main cabin, and the air heater did its job but the top remained cold - no unsurprising based on other comments on this forum. Still, a good nights sleep as the mattress was very comfortable. A simple 1st outing, but the MP was fine. Went with seasoned campers as you can see by the pic.
View attachment 302
Your MP looks so smart!!

Steve B

I wonder is a small usb/12v/240v fan cleverly positioned in there some where would be enough to move the air around and keep both up and down comfy.
I think considering it was at zero or just above in the night, it wasn't that bad. Just heated everything up before turning in, then heat back on at daylight (it is bright in the top). I have a good sleeping bag, so no problems there.