Buy all your Marco Polo Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind Deflectors?

Hi everyone, just looking at things that could be of benefit when our MP finally arrives and considering external wind noise and also air circulation at night (without allowing rain in) has anyone got wind deflectors on their van and if so, are they worth it and what make did you get? The Climair ones look good.

Carol

Hi everyone, just looking at things that could be of benefit when our MP finally arrives and considering external wind noise and also air circulation at night (without allowing rain in) has anyone got wind deflectors on their van and if so, are they worth it and what make did you get? The Climair ones look good.

I purchased Heko wind deflectors from ebay ,same as V class vito, cost about £27 . really smart. We have windows open a few cms even in the rain

Katie

I’m probably being dim, but why do people need wind deflectors with cars nowadays, that have air conditioning?

Hi Katie, you know when you're on the move and just want some fresh air in? Normally you'd lower the window and there's a lot of turbulance / noise which isn't nice or if there's rain and you lower the window (even if standing still or parked up, the rain comes in? The wind deflectors will allow you to lower the window without the noise or rain coming in, just fresh air. Also if you're sleeping or inside and suffer from condensation, a lowered window will help stop it happening.

Hope that explains the benefits? Something we're considering for our van when it comes.

Katie

Thanks - I can see that they might be very useful for when parked up in rain or overnight. Currently we use the offside rear window which seems ok so far and have a bendy plastic thing from Brandrup for the kitchen window, which is easy to use but a bit ugly
I never drive with the windows open as I suffer from hay fever on and off for most of the year but might well get them for the front windows at some point.

Paul Mc

Hi Paul
Did you ever fit a set of wind deflectors?
Thinking of buying a set from Mercedes and was just wondering if they are easy to fit/install.
Thanks
Paul Mc

Carol

Carol

Hello Paul
I have got wind deflectors on both front windows,haven’t noticed any increase in noise ,certainly great can leave window open a little bit at night
I purchased tinted Heko from eBay price £28, really good fit ,the MP base vehicle is Vito class W447 2014 onwards. I had same make on my VW van for 6 years

Carol

Hello Paul
I have got wind deflectors on both front windows,haven’t noticed any increase in noise ,certainly great can leave window open a little bit at night
I purchased tinted Heko from eBay price £28, really good fit ,the MP base vehicle is Vito class W447 2014 onwards. I had same make on my VW van for 6 years

Andy B

Andy B

VIP Member
Does anyone know if you can still use an external thermal windscreen cover when you have wind deflectors fixed to the side windows ? My concern is that they may add additional "thickness" to the window meaning the windscreen cover will not fit properly.

Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk